• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Is it normal to hear something in the chimney ? when I open the door and the air rushes in I hear something go up and then come back down when it is shut…. Like little flakes or something

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I know I’ve said it already but I love this wood stove…. Much more satisfying than clicking buttons on the furnace thermostat lol still working out the kinks but nothing an open window can’t fix :flamethrower::chillout:
    There is definitely a learning curve to using the dampers on a stove as they all are different…

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Was at a friends house recently and he has a wood chute to a room in his basement that holds about 25 feet of wood (two rows of 12 feet) stacked 7-8 feet high. The room is about 8 feet away from the stove…
    I have a closet that opens to the outside and I load the closet from the outside and access it from the inside. No bugs or mess
    The wood stove has a chute cut into the bottom of it that goes into the basement and I can empty the ashes via the chute. Place a 5 gallon metal bucket in the chute and you can raise the bucket via an adjustable plate and empty the ashes.. lower the bucket and put a lid and no mess.
    As you can see it doesn’t get used much.
    6C8F8E2D-4809-4714-9A60-04B8322828F3.jpeg

Last edited:

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    I have a closet that opens to the outside and I load the closet from the outside and access it from the inside. No bugs or mess
    The wood stove has a chute cut into the bottom of it that goes into the basement and I can empty the ashes via the chute. Place a 5 gallon metal bucket in the chute and you can raise the bucket via an adjustable plate and empty the ashes.. lower the bucket and put a lid and no mess.
    As you can see it doesn’t get used much.
    View attachment 319604
    nice setup, shame not to use it

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    For all you experts……. I have oak that has been bucked laying on the ground for 2+ years… splits like a dream but it is still red on the inside. Does the color have anything to do with the dryness? Or is it only red from not being exposed to weather and is in fact dry?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom