• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I too am needing to buy a couple ricks of wood. If anyone comes across anything, let me know. Just supplement mainly on weekends, so don’t need a huge amount.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Got both sheds full. Still have more to go, but for now, I'm done. Between kids events, and equipment failures, it's taken me forever to get anything done.

Last weekend I lost my wheel on loaded wood wagon on middle of ridge. It buried itself over the hub.

Got it repaired and lost my front left tractor tire last night. Got mended and limped to shed for the last load.

Like I mentioned earlier, need to get 6 more loads cut, to be set for winter, but for now I'm done . Gotta bow hunt!!!

Attachments

• KIMG0381.JPG
      KIMG0381.JPG
      616 KB · Views: 16

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    I normally cut all of our wood for heating (we go thru about 3 cord per year) but with the wife having back surgery in May and other happenings of life I am way behind on cutting and bought 1½ cord last month. I've got around 25 downed trees in the woods that need to cut free from roots after the leaves die off and that will be wood for the next several years. I've 6 trees that were downed last winter that I will cut and split and will finish off this winter (will stack and put in the basement for Feb, March and April heating).

I'd like to be ahead and have next year's heating season cut and stacked but haven't been able to do that for the last several years.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    If anybody wants some firewood, I've got a bunch that needs to go. It's been cut into 10-12 foot lengths since summer. It's pretty big logs, around 28-34 inches across. Don't want any money, just get it. Pm if interested.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    I am looking for 6-7 ricks of seasoned firewood for the winter and am having better luck herding unicorns! Needs to be in the general Hancock County area and ready to go. Any help would be appreciated.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I've got about a dozen of these I keep wood in, each weighs 16-1800 pounds, move them with a bobcat.
    View attachment 229552
    I believe those are the 275 gallon IBC totes? Stacked like that they hold a little more than a face cord. I would be using these if I had a tractor to move them around.

Did you read that last line @OkieGirl?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom