• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sawtooth aspen would be my guess. They are a primary tree that starts falling down as your forest matures. Wood burns fast. bigtooth-aspen-flower-original-01.jpg

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Sawtooth aspen would be my guess. They are a primary tree that starts falling down as your forest matures. Wood burns fast.
    It fell down so close to one of the lanes, we can't not take it. Maybe it will mix well with the stuff we have that is hard to start and burns slow?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It fell down so close to one of the lanes, we can't not take it. Maybe it will mix well with the stuff we have that is hard to start and burns slow?

I burn it all the time for the same reason, the trees fall down across the trail so I have to cut them up. Never had any issues with it, just burns fast.

An old timer, older than me, told me that it was good wood for summer kitchen stoves as it started easy and burned hot and quick.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I always kept the faster burning stuff separate and would use it to get a fire going again if I let the firebox burn down to far. If there were even a few hot coals left I would throw a couple pieces of sassafras or similar on. Then top it with good stuff. Always burned the rest up in the late spring.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Since I'm all out, Ima gonna go ahead and call an end to firewood season 2021-22...

YGhuGzkl.jpg

Hope it stays warm.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom