• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I use Excel for my inventory list - make, model, caliber, serial number, when purchased, where purchased, price paid, and any comments, mods, etc. Also have a tab for each gun with a photo and a close up of the serial number.

My wife doesn't really care to know all of what we have, but some of them are hers - and I paid for them all, as she hasn't worked in many years. So she can't say too much - plus she does like shoes and purses. She didn't pay for most of those either!! I'm just happy she has finally made the decision to learn to shoot - been a 45 year wait!

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Actually it does not hurt to have an inventory with manufacturer, model, S/N and price paid (maybe where from). What if you are robbed? Or have a fire? Insurance will want that information.

Also, what happens if you die? Will all your buddies come offering to "help her out"? Then pay far less than the weapons are worth?

BTW, the best way to get maximum value is at auction. If the wife took your guns, after your death, to a dealer she might get half of what they are worth.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Actually it does not hurt to have an inventory with manufacturer, model, S/N and price paid (maybe where from). What if you are robbed? Or have a fire? Insurance will want that information.

Also, what happens if you die? Will all your buddies come offering to "help her out"? Then pay far less than the weapons are worth?

BTW, the best way to get maximum value is at auction. If the wife took your guns, after your death, to a dealer she might get half of what they are worth.

I have pics and info on hard copy of my inventory past and present. Guns/ammo/gear.
    Wife is well aware of what is there.
    If I meet my maker before her she knows who gets what. The rest is going to be sold off by people she knows and I trust.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have pics and info on hard copy of my inventory past and present. Guns/ammo/gear.
    Wife is well aware of what is there.
    If I meet my maker before her she knows who gets what. The rest is going to be sold off by people she knows and I trust.

As we saw with the auction for that guy who had millions of dollars worth of guns and ammo, auctions seem to bring in top dollar.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    OP -->
    design and fill out your spreadsheet.
    save spreadsheet to a flash drive.
    Use TrueCrypt to encrypt flash drive
    attach flash drive to your keys/keychain.
    carry on.

FIFY.

Flash drives are easily lost (or stolen), so encrypt the contents. Then, make routine backup copies of the encrypted file.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I started my own home version of the EBound system we use at work. Date acquired, make, model, caliber, serial number, where acquired and for how much. It's just for our records.
    That look good, but $149 is too much for me to replace what I use for inventory. :(

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Wife tells me I can't buy any more firearms until I give her an inventory of what I own now. Info on what should be included would be appreciated. Perhaps I should point out she paid for our gun safe and its installation, over $1400.

Ummm. she isnt contemplating divorce, is she? :dunno: I would pretend she is a cop and shut up and lawyer up! You might also want to consider sleeping with one eye open every night too! :draw:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I would tell her not to be holding her breath.
    ask for her shoe and purse inventory list.
    We have more ARs than I do purses and footwear combined! :):

That's sad to hear OP.....

Depends. If it were trying to ascertain what's missing from the collection...

"Ah, I see we're low on the mil-surp side. I think our next purchase should be a K31 or a Swedish Mauser."

or

"Enough with the 1911s. We've got X of them. It's time I got my P30L, dammit."

Of course, that could just be what would transpire in my house. I don't know everything we have. Which I consider a good thing. It's like getting a new gun without the checkbook balance dropping.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'm not really clear on what, exactly the OP point is. As has been asked earlier in the thread, is she asking for insurance purposes? Is she complaining about your purchases? Is she truly interested in firearms?

Too much missing info, but I'd maybe proceed with caution, if you are not quite sure of her motives.

Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    Ummm. she isnt contemplating divorce, is she? :dunno: I would pretend she is a cop and shut up and lawyer up! You might also want to consider sleeping with one eye open every night too! :draw:
    That's my natural response too. Imagine a world where suddenly half of all of those items you put on paper were suddenly not yours anymore. Sound like a bad time? Then avoid the whole mess and make yourself too busy and too scarce to bean count your goods until she forgets about it. And find a buddy who can help you relocate your treasures if suddenly you wanted them out of the 50/50 equation. I can attest just like anyone that you can have 100% faith in someone, and the waters can be smooth, now- give it some time and people can unexpectedly change or surprise you. If you ever start to have something to worry about, you know of a nice forum full of great people who would gladly help you preserve your most valuable assets :)

Top Bottom