Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Is there a particular location that led you ask? :):

Yes.

In this thread I'm debating on what to get.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...stg_44_or_progressive_press_or_308_rifle.html

STG-44 in .2lr, progressive press or save the $$$ and go .308.

Well this review of the STG-44
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSQ1VtUVjIU[/ame]

says that using CCI Mini Mag High Velocity in .22lr works well but other .22lr in std. velocity does not as the rifle does not cycle the next round.

CCI Mini Mag High Velocity shown here:
    CCI Mini-Mag High Velocity Ammo 22 Long Rifle 36 Grain Plated Lead

is rated at
    Ballistics Information:
    Muzzle Velocity: 1260 fps
    Muzzle Energy: 127 ft. lbs.

So I take it the federal bulk packs will also work with the rifle.

Was going to rule out the STG-44 in .22lr if the Fed Bulk Pack did not work in it as that is what I have & use in my 10/22 since it's cheaper than the CCI mini mag. But alas I'm back at square 1 in trying to rule out of the options. Although The STG-44 is now in #2 place vs the progressive press/.308. :)

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    The Winchester M-22 ammo is the closest thing I've found to bulk pack pricing with even close to performance of the CCI.

I like the run the cheapest ammo possible, but the federal bulk pack has not performed even close to any CCI's regardless of what's listed as the velocity.

Just my :twocents: .

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Rimfires can be picky on ammo. Best to get smaller (50rd) packs until you determine what type of ammo your gun likes. Then stock up on whatever works well.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The Winchester M-22 ammo is the closest thing I've found to bulk pack pricing with even close to performance of the CCI.

I like the run the cheapest ammo possible, but the federal bulk pack has not performed even close to any CCI's regardless of what's listed as the velocity.

Just my :twocents: .

^this and pudy's post make me now say bye-bye STG-44 I'm not willing at this time to have to stock yet another brand of .22lr for a .22 rifle. My 10/22 does well with the federal bulk pack, nice groups, no issues. Had a henry survial before that hated the federal. Only liked rem golden boy. Dirty ammo and i got rid of that riffle. Well guess that means progressive or continue to save.. need to run some more nums.. thanks all.

Now if they did the stg-44 in .223, 7.62-39 heck even .308.:drool:

87gsxr711

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Federal's website has a great option where you can compare different rimfire load #'s. There fps range from 1080 to 1260. I think 1260 is at the higher end but not the top. I saw some "Stingers" the other day that were 1600 FPS. Rimfire guns are particular with ammo. Get a bunch of different brand, weights, fps, and see what yours like best.

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I now that the federal is not at the top of the velocity arena. But if it helps any my 15-22 recommends high velocity 22lr and the federal blue pack (champion) runs in it like a champ. :dunno:

Hope that is food for thought.
    Parker

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I now that the federal is not at the top of the velocity arena. But if it helps any my 15-22 recommends high velocity 22lr and the federal blue pack (champion) runs in it like a champ. :dunno:

Hope that is food for thought.
    Parker

Thanks for the info. I just scored four 550 rounds boxes of the champion for $80 at Walmart tonight. I have numerous 22's but the 15-22 is the main reason why I bought it. It dosnt take long to shoot when you load fifteen 25 round magazines.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    In my experience the federal champion bulk packs have run like a champ in everything I've put them in. In my opinion it's the cheapest reliable ammo for a 22lr. I don't ever buy remington 22lr ammo because I get more jams and duds from them. With Federal I hardly ever get a dud or a jam and they shoot accurately. I'm running a 10-22, but I've have similar results comparing ammo reliability in every 22lr I've ever shot. I'm using it in a M&P 22lr pistol and it functions just fine.

Cto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    Thanks for the info. I just scored four 550 rounds boxes of the champion for $80 at Walmart tonight. I have numerous 22's but the 15-22 is the main reason why I bought it. It dosnt take long to shoot when you load fifteen 25 round magazines.

What Walmart did you go to? Were there any left? :D

Top Bottom