• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    S&W 380 Bodyguard. It's ok but it bites a little. Featherweight Taurus 38 Special. Hate it. My 357 is a Taurus model 669, it has less recoil than the other two. Probably because it is heavier. I liked the SP101 because it felt solid. I definitely like the longer grips.

I've also shot my son's Mosin Nagant.

Rifles to pistols is kind of an apples/oranges thing, but if you shoot a Mosin you are probably not overly recoil sensitive. I have a Taurus model 66 .357 that I got out and shot right next to the SP101, the Ruger is quite a bit lighter so the recoil is sharper, but I don't find it uncomfortable, and definately not hand stinging. I think the Hogue grips help out a lot there. You may not want to spend a whole afternoon shooting full power magnums through it, but if you stuck primarily to .38s with a few occasional magnums, you would probably like the gun. See if you can find a Hogue grip just to see how it feels in your hand, if you like the feel of the grip you will like the gun. It is a very well built, sturdy gun, and conceals well too if you wanted to use it that way.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    We only own one at the moment....my wife has her dad's MarkI.
    I intend to add to the Ruger collection as soon as I find a Super Redhawk Alaskan in 454!

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    MKI, MKIII Hunter, P345, SRH .480, and the newest addition to the family, an Alaskan in .480 :D

10/22 and SR1911 are in the very near future,

But

After running about 50 rounds through it, I have to say the Alaskan is my current fave.

HPIM0681.jpg

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I have seen that 480 a few times now.....what all can one shoot in that? Any chance I could meet up with you sometime and put some fingerprints on her?

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I have seen that 480 a few times now.....what all can one shoot in that? Any chance I could meet up with you sometime and put some fingerprints on her?

Unlike the .454 which will also take .45 Colt, .480 is the only round you can run through it. You are more then welcome to run a few through it, PM me and maybe we can work something out.

dswilson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Shelby County
    KP97DAO. Purchased new in 2005 at the 1500 from midwest gun exchange. It was the first new handgun I purchased. I have no idea how many rounds I've put through it but it hasalways operated flawlessly.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Don't recall ever having a Ruger I didn't like.

I do. A couple of 77/22's and a plastic 10/22 come to mind.

My favorite current Ruger is a conglomeration of Nodak spud rcvr, Kidd bolt, bbl, and trigger, shooters ridge carbon fiber stock, with a leupold scope. I think the only parts left on it that came from Ruger are the trigger pins. Didn't shoot nearly as well new as it does now.:rockwoot:

totenkopf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    My favorite Ruger is my 10/22. It's fun to shoot and I'll always treasure the memory of receiving it for my 16th birthday. I've taken many "masked bandits" with it while coon hunting with my grandfather.

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Been jonesing for a SP101 .357 with the 3" barrel for a few years now. 2012 may be the year.

Top Bottom