Family member breaks loose & kills the escaped murder suspect.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcskypilot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jan 22, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Didn't see this anywhere. Can't imagine seeing my wife and children go through what this family did. +1 to the good guys and a well placed head shot.

A capital murder suspect who busted out of a jail in Mississippi last week tied up a family at a home in Vicksburg Thursday morning before one of the homeowners broke loose and killed the intruder, investigators revealed.

VICKSBURG, MS (Mississippi News Now) -An escaped murder suspect, who has been on the loose for over a week, was killed by a family who he was holding hostage.

Read more:
    http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/31...-murderer-who-took-them-hostage#ixzz42abs9WwK

www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/10/chief-says-dead-intruder-may-be-escaped-murder-suspect.html

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Story hit the 6:30pm national news on ABC or NBC last night. I was surprised they ran such a positive story about a good person saving lives with a gun. It was the wife that shot the scumbag.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Very well done. Problem solved. No chance for the perp to recidivate. Taxes kept down. Win all the way around.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The biggest takeaway I got from the article was that after wifey blasted him once, she freed hubby who then took the gun and blasted him several more times. I think that's appropriate and indicative of "enough is enough, and **** you".

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    160   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    Hubby seen to many horror movies where they were down and got back up. I say the same thing “they are down make sure they stay down” Kudos to mom.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The biggest takeaway I got from the article was that after wifey blasted him once, she freed hubby who then took the gun and blasted him several more times. I think that's appropriate and indicative of "enough is enough, and **** you".
    Let's hope the husband isn't charged with murder.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Second story I've read in two days where people were minding their own business, not doing anything particularly risky, and boom! They're in a life or death fight.

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    Turns out the convict broke in, tied the husband up, forced the wife to shower stating that he going to rape her first, then the rest of the family including the child. She complied, laying on the bed she was able to grab the gun the was under the pillow, shot him one time and the gun jammed. Convict retreated to the bathroom. She was then able to untie her husband gave him the firearm and he then entered the bathroom and neutralized the threat to their family. They had just purchased the gun 3 days prior to this incident.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Turns out the convict broke in, tied the husband up, forced the wife to shower stating that he going to rape her first, then the rest of the family including the child. She complied, laying on the bed she was able to grab the gun the was under the pillow, shot him one time and the gun jammed. Convict retreated to the bathroom. She was then able to untie her husband gave him the firearm and he then entered the bathroom and neutralized the threat to their family. They had just purchased the gun 3 days prior to this incident.
    I have not seen that version of the story - where did you read that at? Not saying it's not true, just different from the details on the news websites that I was reading.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    That's why you should carry ALL THE TIME, even at home! (In my best Cliff Claven voice) It's a little known fact that 100% of home invasions happen in the home!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Hubby seen to many horror movies where they were down and got back up. I say the same thing “they are down make sure they stay down” Kudos to mom.

il_570xN.711905639_b4n1.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Let's hope the husband isn't charged with murder.

Prosecutor in Mississippi that tries to do that in this case better just resign first. Besides, who is going to testify against him? There are no witnesses that are going to counter his statements.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    That's a reason to not lock up all your guns.

When we watch tv/movies and someone gets away after knocking the bad guy down/out, I tell my wife make sure he can't get back up. Remove a leg or 2, then get away.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    That's a reason to not lock up all your guns.

When we watch tv/movies and someone gets away after knocking the bad guy down/out, I tell my wife make sure he can't get back up. Remove a leg or 2, then get away.

And a reason to have two large dogs inside - I recommend German Shepherds.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Glad to see the prosecutor sees it that way too!

Top Bottom