• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    The Mach (Machynlleth) Loop is a low level flight area in Wales that gives photographers opportunities for some fantastic photos and vids. There’s a photographer named Dafydd Phillips that has a Youtube channel that always has some great views, and this one featuring F-35As (mostly) is particularly good:

The F/A-18F near the end is pretty funny.

p.s. Use full screen to watch.

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Thanks for posting that!

I have a friend that has many hours in the F-35 and other than complaints about the seat not being the most comfortable, he loves it and says most F-35 drivers love the plane.

What those photographers probably didn't realize is that as the F-35 banked away from them, the pilot was still able to see them using the fantastic ability of the helmet/aircraft partnership to virtually see through the whole aircraft. Like flying in an all see-thru glass aircraft!

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Thanks for posting that!
    You're welcome.
    …complaints about the seat not being the most comfortable,
    I’ve never heard anyone say a fighter jet seat is comfortable. I’ve heard many comments to the contrary.

There are some physics limitations due to the method of ejection. They don’t want the seat pan smashing into the bottom of the pilot’s spine. So he is strapped in tight with minimal padding to become one with the seat. But someone would probably get an ejection seat named after them if they can come up with a way to make it comfortable for the 99.9999% of the time that injection is not happening.

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I would truly love to be able to visit the Mach Loop! I’ve seen some pretty cool videos of a variety of planes from there.

Top Bottom