• Status
    Not open for further replies.

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    We should check in with the House at the end of the current Congressional session, see what truly important matters were not heard or moved through, and fire them all for wasting time on witch hunts. If they used the time they are trying to burn the President at the stake for doing the work they were elected to do they could actually help this country instead of hindering it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We should check in with the House at the end of the current Congressional session, see what truly important matters were not heard or moved through, and fire them all for wasting time on witch hunts. If they used the time they are trying to burn the President at the stake for doing the work they were elected to do they could actually help this country instead of hindering it.

I'd say a fair number those at odd with the president were voted in, exactly for that reason.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Rep. Pelosi: "No one is above the law"

:rofl:
    :orly:

Like a certain previous candidate that someone said was guilty, but didn't have "intent"?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'll just put this here:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/judge-napolitano-trump-admitted-crime

Is Napolitano now part of the deep state, or was he drinking when he gave this interview? :dunno:

I personally, now, support impeachment. Even if it gives Trumpicans complete control of govt again. Congress needs to do its job regardless of the consequences to individual members. Though, I don't think it will affect much. As of now, everything is baked in, and the lines clear. The only people up for grabs are moderates, who I don't think will be energized to vote against the Democrats over them going for impeachment.

Now? I think there is some kind of temporal inconsistency indicated

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Do the Dems even know who the VP is?

Have they really thought this through?

Trump may be a lot of horrible things they don't like, but Pence is what they hate the MOST. A conservative.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Do the Dems even know who the VP is?

Have they really thought this through?

Trump may be a lot of horrible things they don't like, but Pence is what they hate the MOST. A conservative.

While Pence has lost some of his luster due to being a toadie for Trump, I personally find him preferable to the current occupant, because at the very least he understands how government works, and is a respectful, decent human being. Trump obviously has no idea how govt work (nor does he care, it seems), is disrespectful, and while human, certainly not decent.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    This will NOT lead to Trump being removed from office.
    This is purely for political gain (attempt) that she thinks she will get.
    When Trump walks from lack of any substantial proof Pelosi will say “see, he did something wrong but those evil republicans let him go”
    She satisfies her base that she brought impeachment proceedings and gets them fired up because clearly Trump did “something” and got away with it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This will NOT lead to Trump being removed from office.
    This is purely for political gain (attempt) that she thinks she will get.
    When Trump walks from lack of any substantial proof Pelosi will say “see, he did something wrong but those evil republicans let him go”
    She satisfies her base that she brought impeachment proceedings and gets them fired up because clearly Trump did “something” and got away with it.

I doubt there's anyone who thinks he would be removed. And if protecting the Constitution is something to be used for "political gain," so be it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm late to the party.

I know what Trump is accused of (this time)...but what law is he supposed to have broken?

Citation to the U.S.C. would be nice.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    On the upside it looks like the gun-grabbing agenda is dead on arrival. No reason to hand Democrats a political victory when they've declared war.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I'm late to the party.

I know what Trump is accused of (this time)...but what law is he supposed to have broken?

Citation to the U.S.C. would be nice.

In the worst case, he is accused of doing what Biden admitted to doing- extortion. But I doubt it is nearly that worst case. Kutnupe14?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's a hard sell IngoMike. Napolitano, has a pretty stellar reputation amongst conservatives, and is considered on of those persons who didn't care what side you identified with, he'd tell you like it is. The idea that he would be willing to disregard his own personal beliefs due to a holding a grudge about not getting a judicial position (first time I've heard that BTW), seems remote.
    It seems more reasonable, to me, that people would want to disregard his statements because he said something about the president that they didn't like.

Here, I'll get you off to a good start. This is from March 2017

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/andrew-napolitano-supreme-court-shortlist-trump-236488
    Napolitano told friends he was on Trump's Supreme Court shortlist

Now go back and look at when Andrew finds out he is incorrect, and contrast that with when he begins to find fault with Trump.

Pure coincidence, I'm sure. Another free-rider

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In the worst case, he is accused of doing what Biden admitted to doing- extortion. But I doubt it is nearly that worst case. Kutnupe14?

In terms of foreign policy, extortion is just another way of saying "leverage."

That call with the Ukraine - unless there was some obvious campaign finance issue - is almost impossible to form the basis of an impeachable offense. Relations with foreign governments, up until the time to ratify a treaty, is a purely executive function.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I will wait to see what actually comes out. Napolitano was wrong a lot during the whole Russian collusion probe thing. I watched him make numerous predictions that didn’t pan out. I think he is probably an okay guy, but he is just like every other talking head, he doesn’t have much more, if any, information than we do. I did read where the supposed whistle blower has a political bias against Trump, which automatically makes me suspicious. I will wait and see what comes out.

IMO Joe DiGenova is really the one to pay attention to as far as what's really going on, and has been for the last couple of years

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom