Not open for further replies.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    My username is roots which refers to my cyber security interests bc you can call me that or dylan. I’m excited to join INGO and purchase and learn more about the laws and expressing my 2nd amendment. Hope to see you guys around the forums and to see your inputs
    Hello.
    This is the kind of posting you could, if you like, make in the “Brake Room.“ Sub Forum of the “General Interest “ Forum. You have introduced yourself, and done a fine job in my opinion, branch out now. Let the group get to know you. And you can do more than interact online. There are many events where you can meet members in person. Meet and eat’s. Meet and shoot’s. Find those in the event sub fore. Join in we need new young members. Welcome again. Watch those rules. :thumbsup:

ROOTS54454

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2024
    Linux nerd?
    Ive been running Linux since 04 and have been a professional Linux admin for 10 years.
    Little bit been learning about cyber and computers in general since I was 13. I’m attending Ivy Tech next spring for their Cyber Security program hopefully I’ll be able to get into a professional setting soon. Any tips? Been seeing a lot of people struggle to land a job once they get into the field?

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Little bit been learning about cyber and computers in general since I was 13. I’m attending Ivy Tech next spring for their Cyber Security program hopefully I’ll be able to get into a professional setting soon. Any tips? Been seeing a lot of people struggle to land a job once they get into the field?
    Yes.

Pro tip #1. When you show up at class, help the 50 year old guy that doesn’t know how to turn a computer on or off. He may help you in a class, for instance, Mechanical Drawing or some other class you don’t know anything about. He may even be your boss after graduation.

Ask me how I know. :lmfao:

ROOTS54454

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2024
    Yes.

Pro tip #1. When you show up at class, help the 50 year old guy that doesn’t know how to turn a computer on or off. He may help you in a class, for instance, Mechanical Drawing or some other class you don’t know anything about. He may even be your boss after graduation.

Ask me how I know. :lmfao:
    Alright buddy I’ll make sure to help him out lol, rather someone learn and grow instead of not knowing anything anyways.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Been in i.t. professionally since 06. Was laid off in November. Took December off. Started looking in Jan. I gave interviewed with one company..... Hoping to hear good news this coming week. It's a rough market right now.

ROOTS54454

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2024
    Been in i.t. professionally since 06. Was laid off in November. Took December off. Started looking in Jan. I gave interviewed with one company..... Hoping to hear good news this coming week. It's a rough market right now.
    Damn bud that’s tough hopefully something good comes, not having a job sucks! I’m currently certified to be a 911 dispatcher so thankfully I have something else just incase this doesn’t work out. But best of luck to you

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have been very lucky in that I started working on computers in 71 and now still working as a software developer that created my own position in a global company that if you looked for that position, it does not exist since most development is farmed out to India. I say luck because that is a huge huge part of it. I could retire at any time but work from home where the coffee is just how I like it and I don’t have to wear pants. Besides the money is good so why retire.

Back in the 80’s I knew a guy that was making good money as a programmer and got laid off and could never find another job so ended up driving a limo and loved it.

IT is suffering because so many positions are eliminated by companies renting cloud access. The company I work for decided to hire a subcontractor and let all their field office IT go but ended up reversing because it would have been a cluster F.

I sure hope you find another position and will pray you do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom