• techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Oh, yeah. Make sure

1. That the empty rifle transition is done empty.
    2. That if there is down range photos - that we get copies posted here.
    3. That you have a video taped lesson from him on how to do a product review like he does (seriously, it would be fun to do and he might just be game)
    4. That you wear clean underwear and a dusty hat - the two keys to success (creased 511 pants are totally optional.)
    5. That you get at least one scratch on one of your firearms from the rigors of real world training. (I swear if your pretty guns all come back as beautiful as the safe queens that make up 99% of the American personal firearms inventory...)
    6. That you get at least one brass burn.
    7. That you unleash the inner Rice demon warrior within you.
    8. That you have at least one really dumb placed round go down range, or into the ground in front of you somewhere - but you learn from it.
    9. That you stay absolutely hydrated.

and of course ....

drumroll...

10. You laugh, sweat, learn, and come back better for all of them!

Techres

P.S. The AAR had better be epic.

Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy
    One thing to note, based on their FAQ, is that I'm wondering if you'll actually have Yeager as your instructor.

FAQ | Tactical Response

Why don’t we release instructor’s names before a scheduled class?
    1. We don’t want to get accused of a “bait and switch” if one of us gets sick. It has happened and we don’t want to make people think we are being deceptive. We aren’t.
    2. We want to discourage “hero worship”. There are no heroes at Tactical Response.
    3. We are selling a philosophy, not a person or merely a training class. As silly as it will sound to some folks we know in our heart this is the only true American Martial Art. Our classes are far more than just some range time and are called “life changing” by many of our students for a reason.
    4. Don’t worry if a certain Instructor isn’t at your class. It never fails that when we send our cadre to a location the host ALWAYS asks for the same guys back. Why? Because our entire staff is knowledgeable and professional.
    5. It is disrespectful to our team for us to act as if one is a star and others merely underlings.
    6. It is bad business. One person cannot be in five places at once.
    7. Many people feel as if they may be slighted if the “Big Name” instructor for the outfit isn’t at their particular class. For most organization this is true and I understand why. Most folks won’t hire people that are smarter or can outperform them. The difference at Tactical Response is I am not afraid to hire guys as good as or better than me. ALL of my crew is squared away. Look at their bios....many are more experienced than I am…some are funnier too!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks for all the well-wishes guys! As some of you have PM'd me with interest in also attending, I'd be glad to form a caravan down. I think filling the class with INGOers would be excellent. :yesway:

One thing to note, based on their FAQ, is that I'm wondering if you'll actually have Yeager as your instructor.

I don't expect that he will be instructing. As often as they put on Fighting Pistol I'm sure other instructors will take the lead.

But I am hoping that he will at least be present for an interview. ;)

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    You don't have a single hair on your ass if you don't take along a box of quick mix pancake powder and some Aunt Jemima's and ask him to make you some pancakes.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Oh and in an email response that I got today from Yeager he mentioned that he will be up at AGS in Ft. Wayne next Wednesday if anyone wants to meet him or "say anything to his face". :D

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011

We NEEEEEEED a pancakes thingy ^^.

tumblr_m04yszXupA1r6qkzs.gif

tumblr_ljkgcsFPUD1qd43ep.gif

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I talked to Jeremy. He wants to go, but he's having trouble with the whole park, reverse, neutral, drive thing.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Tagged. This whole thread peaks my interest.

Too bad I don't live anywhere near Ft. Wayne. I have said it before and mean it, I would really like to to meet James Yeager. My only impression of him and his company is what I see on the internet. If he decides to stop for gas in Seymour let me know.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    Oh and in an email response that I got today from Yeager he mentioned that he will be up at AGS in Ft. Wayne next Wednesday if anyone wants to meet him or "say anything to his face". :D

Heaven forbid, it's easier for those on the internet to talk crap about someone they have never met then to actually get off their ass and come meet the man face to face and ask questions when he comes to their home state.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    UPDATE

After all the hoopla surrounding Yeager's traveling through Indiana, Fenway and I cleared our schedules and headed up to 21st Century Firearms in Bluffton today.

Thinking I might ask Yeager for an on-camera interview I asked INGOers for question ideas. And you guys provided many-- https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ion/244537-10_questions_for_james_yeager.html

I took the questions up and they made for an epic interview. ;) That video is coming in the next couple days. Stay tuned.

Anyway, when we got to the shop we were first greeted by Gamez235 as he was headed over to the AGS warehouse. We also saw Yeager's big Dodge truck sitting outside.

We walked into 21st and were immediately greeted by Britton, who introduced us to Yeager.

Now, I wasn't sure what to expect, but I know many would've been expecting a rough, gruff, self-absorbed *******. Our experience couldn't have been further from that. Yeager acted as if we had all been friends for years. He seemed genuinely excited that we had come up to visit and talked about how many great people he meets working in the firearms industry. He really loves his job and it showed.

We spoke about all kinds of things, from his ambush experience, his "haters", his resurgence in putting out information via YouTube, Tactical Response training, Glocks, Shields, AKs, and of course INGO. He's a big fan of what INGO offers Hoosier gun owners, and happily grabbed up a stack of INGO swag we brought with us.

When I asked him if I could interview him for INGO he had no hesitation. I was trying to be respectful and warned him that some of my questions contained various "Yeager-isms" and his response was "Fantastic! Let's do this!"

At one point I mentioned my upcoming training with Tactical Response and asked him what I needed to do to secure a spot in the Team Room during my stay. He said "Just come on down, I'll have a spot for you". When I asked again, making sure that I didn't need to officially reserve a spot or something, his response was "Worst case scenario is the Team Room is full and then you can sleep upstairs on my comfy couch". I don't know many trainers who be so willing to allow students to crash on their couch. That alone will save me a couple hundred bucks.

I asked Yeager if he had ever seen Que's "1911 blue gun" video. He had. :D He thought it was funny as **** and told me to bring him down when I come, for free. ;)

We also got to hear some interesting "behind the scenes" info about his YouTube videos-- like the fact that most of them are COMPLETELY impromptu. He literally sets up the camera, pushes record, and talks. We even had the chance to watch him make a few right there in the shop. It was fun.

I managed to only snap a few pics, as most of our stuff was done on video.

Here's Yeager talking to a couple INGOers who came up for the chance to meet him face-to-face.

34e4xg4.jpg

I'm pretty sure he took ALL of this swag. :laugh:

2v19ge9.jpg

Steve from Huntertown Arms even got in on the videos, talking about some of his new suppressors.

w8q7hu.jpg

As you guys already know, our Special Gold Limited Edition INGO Patches are made from Yeager's beard hair. Now you know we weren't kidding.

wtubz5.jpg

And the parting shot of Yeager's newest fanboy, yours truly. :laugh:

2cqjtw4.jpg

Is Yeager crazy? Probably. Controversial? Yep. But, after meeting him in person I have no qualms about training with Tactical Response in April.

Top Bottom