• ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    FOXNews.com - EPA Set to Declare Carbon Dioxide a Public Danger
    The announcement would give Obama and his climate envoy negotiating leverage at a global climate summit starting next week in Copenhagen, Denmark.

WASHINGTON - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will early next week, possibly as soon as Monday, officially declare carbon dioxide a public danger, a trigger that could mean regulation for emitters across the economy, according to several people close to the matter.
    Such an "endangerment" decision is necessary for the EPA to move ahead early next year with new emission standards for cars. EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson has said it could also mean large emitters such as power stations, cement kilns, crude-oil refineries and chemical plants would have to curb their greenhouse gas output.
    The announcement would also give President Barack Obama and his climate envoy negotiating leverage at a global climate summit starting next week in Copenhagen, Denmark and increase pressure on Congress to pass a climate bill that would modify the price of polluting.
    While environmentalists celebrate EPA's authority to regulate greenhouse gases, it has caused many large emitters to cringe at the potential costs of compliance.
    According to a preliminary endangerment finding published in April, EPA scientists fear that man-made carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases are contributing to a warming of the global climate. Senior EPA officials said in November the agency would likely make a final decision in December around the time of the summit.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The big money people behind all this CO2 scam are really going all out in spending to get this legislation passed. Makes you wonder what sort of return they will be getting for their investment.

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Does this mean carbonated beverages will become illegal?

How about yeast?

We will become illegal IIRC don't we exhale CO2?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I can see it now. We will have to start buying carbon credits based on the number of people per household, and pets, because of all the CO2 we are releasing.

Nevermind the fact that CO2 increases, if they do indeed exist, would increase plant and tree growth. More Co2 in to plants, equals more O2 out...as many scientists have gone on record stating.

But let's not have facts get in the way here, eh?

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    even after the main figures behind anthropomorphic global warming have been outted as complete frauds, it seems the amount of money these *******s will make pushing a fraudulent agenda overturns any type of morality they may have. I bet they will insert wording into these so called climate bills that protects them from prosecution for knowingly passing fraudulent info off as fact.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    It's bad enough that I can't smoke in public but now I can't exhale in public ?

What are we supposed to do now , walk around with SCBA so as not to accost anyone with our breath ?

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I can see it now. We will have to start buying carbon credits based on the number of people per household, and pets, because of all the CO2 we are releasing.

Nevermind the fact that CO2 increases, if they do indeed exist, would increase plant and tree growth. More Co2 in to plants, equals more O2 out...as many scientists have gone on record stating.

But let's not have facts get in the way here, eh?

Like2ADMNLOVER said...it soon might be illegal to breath, since we exhale CO2.

While it is true that plants convert CO2 to O2, I recently found that it takes something like 1/2 acre of fully grown trees to convert all the CO2 produced by an average car in an average year.

I'm certainly for using the earth's basic biology to convert CO2 to O2. I'm also sceptical of formally regulating CO2. But I am for using modern technology and science to help more effectively convert it back into O2, to help compliment what nature can already do with its own living organizms.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    What if finally everyone told the EPA to shove it! Beside everything mentioned above, and that breathing will be regulated, many businesses use "dry ice" in production of heavy machinery.

I would really like to see a nationwide protest, where the government would find out what it would be like to be a perfect nation, and everyone stay home for one day. Shut down the country. No driving to work would mean that electricity will not flow, gas lines would have to be shut down prior to The Day, and in general, this country would be so messed up that maybe, just maybe these idiots would just back off and admit that we are the biggest user of energy in the world because we are the most advanced country in the world and we are the free-est because we are a government OF the people, BY the people, and FOR the people and the government responds to US!

And by far we are also the cleanest of all countries, bar none!!!!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have a license to breath so they can shove it. I say we declare the EPA a public danger....

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Well, they went ahead and did it. I loved this quote in particular.

Democrats, though, claimed that the announcement Monday only strengthens the argument for government action.

So....a government agency has declared that there is something the government needs to regulate....hardly a trustworthy, unbiased source.

I love how all these "enviromentalists" will breathe fire when something comes up to support their position, but when something comes up that casts significant doubt, "oh, thats a blip", its "no big deal".

Anyone care to call it the fox guarding the henhouse?

the link:
    FOXNews.com - EPA Issues Greenhouse Gas Warning Despite Concerns Over Leaked E-Mails

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I'm all for being environmentally responsible. If you have the funds, by all means drive an electric car, burn wood, put up solar panels, etc. But when someone says we MUST do those things OR ELSE terrible things will happen (flying polar bears, ice caps melting, oceans rising, etc.) I'm throwing the bull**** flag. If you have to incite fear and bring emotion into your argument, you don't have good science backing it up. If they want to call for a change to policies, I'll listen and try to stay open minded. If they want to change our way of life because we are ruining the Earth, I'll fight them every step of the way.

It's not a question of "Is environmental responsibility good", it's about the REASONS behind what they want to do.

Top Bottom