• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

You were .mil more recently than me Brad. Is having privately owned weapons on-base still a time-consuming ginormous pain in the ass that no one does it? Base housing was always different than barracks, but I remember some bases extending the BS to base housing. Privatized base housing (came along after my Blue-ID) make a difference here?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If the manifesto is actually from the the gunman I believe the location was chosen because the chances for inflicting casualties on non citizens were greater and he did'nt want to deliberately shoot Americans.

That may be true, but "non-citizen" doesn't mean "illegal." From my understanding they said a large number of Mexican national frequently crossed the border to shop in El Paso.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That may be true, but "non-citizen" doesn't mean "illegal." From my understanding they said a large number of Mexican national frequently crossed the border to shop in El Paso.
    I understand that and it’s why I didn’t make the distinction. That being said I just saw a news report on the local TV news that the perpetrator told LE after his arrest that he wanted to “shoot as many Mexicans as he possibly could”.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I really wish the media wouldn't cover this minus saying a tragedy occurred and people were killed - this is how you get copycats and more casualties. Sad situation all around.

The media refuses to admit copycats are influenced by their reporting.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I had realized that El Paso was 82% Latino. The shooter came from a place that was 70% White (Allen, TX). There's 650 miles between the two cities. That a LONG way to go just to kill people who don't look like you.
    It seems almost beyond belief. If someone just wanted to shoot Mexicans, you wouldn't have to travel that far. Heck, just find a weekend party at the nearest Mexicans house and you would have plenty of target. I had 40-50 next door last night. I can't imagine that is unusual.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I understand that and it’s why I didn’t make the distinction. That being said I just saw a news report on the local TV news that the perpetrator told LE after his arrest that he wanted to “shoot as many Mexicans as he possibly could”.

It seems almost beyond belief. If someone just wanted to shoot Mexicans, you wouldn't have to travel that far. Heck, just find a weekend party at the nearest Mexicans house and you would have plenty of target. I had 40-50 next door last night. I can't imagine that is unusual.

He should have just gone to Mexico...see how that would have worked out for him.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    These mass shooters are just deranged cowards. Targetting unarmed men, women, and children in a store or other domestic event does not make you some social justice or revolutionary warrior. It makes you a sick coward **** who probably ****s farm animals too.
    Anyone can claim to be a "Trump supporter" but Trump not his fie hard fans stand for or condone this kind of insane criminal behavior.
    Just like singers and movie stars who have has serial killers become fans or stalkers. you cant choose who likes you

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I see the TX lieutenant gov is pushing the video game issue. Fox seems to be on board.
    I dont think kids should have access to these shooting and killing video games. Ive said this before, so I dont know if this boy (a man doesn't kill innocent people) even played them.
    Sadly parents wont be parents and control what content their kids have access to so no matter what laws are passed the kids will still get them. The only way to curb it would be to start fining or jailing parents for giving their young kids access to that smut. Young kids do not need to be playing first person shooter games period. I dont care who that upsets or who disagrees with me. There is a difference between liking and shooting guns vs shooting and killing people as an objective in a game. These games desensitize children to reality at their most critical developmental stages.
    Ive seen people who can handle it and ive seen people who have been shaped by that kind of violent video game.
    Not everyone can rationalize things the same way. We have serious mental health issues in this country and these video games are basically terrorists training manuals for the insane and delinquents.

I hear people say, we didnt have school shooters and mass shooters all the time back when I grew up. Yeah thats because we had atari and then mario brothers.

Last edited:

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    I pray for the bystanders and injured. I also pray for the nut job shooter. May the nut job find Jesus Christ before the end of his miserable existence.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I pray for the bystanders and injured. I also pray for the nut job shooter. May the nut job find Jesus Christ before the end of his miserable existence.
    **** the nut job shooter, I pray he burns in hell for eternity. He is not worthy of any forgiveness, divine or otherwise!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The media refuses to admit copycats are influenced by their reporting.

I think that's obvious. Mass shooters get fame, and people want some of that too. Now, here's the million dollar question, do you think that politicians also have a hand in influencing these weak-minded people, with their rhetoric?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think that's obvious. Mass shooters get fame, and people want some of that too. Now, here's the million dollar question, do you think that politicians also have a hand in influencing these weak-minded people, with their rhetoric?
    Yeah I do to an extent. But I think we have to also guard the 1st amendment.
    No one held a gun to this guys head or any other mass shooter and said go do this.
    They made the choice to commit illegal acts based on their own misinterpritations.
    I think the anti police message obama spewed killed way more cops than anything trump has said has mobilized some insane guy who didn't like illegal or visiting people or whatever he thought. I refuse to read his manifesto and legitimize him.

And yeah kut, im gonna be your huckleberry, I also NEVER rule out manchurian candidate type situations. Elements within our government are evil and secret and theyve pulled off way bigger coverups and atrocities than murdering 20 people. Not saying it was, im just saying it could happen anytime if they wanted it to and no president would even know about it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Back when I worked there, I think everybody I knew in Juarez shopped at that Walmart in El Paso.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah I do to an extent. But I think we have to also guard the 1st amendment.
    No one held a gun to this guys head or any other mass shooter and said go do this.
    They made the choice to commit illegal acts based on their own misinterpritations.
    I think the anti police message obama spewed killed way more cops than anything trump has said has mobilized some insane guy who didn't like illegal or visiting people or whatever he thought. I refuse to read his manifesto and legitimize him.

And yeah kut, im gonna be your huckleberry, I also NEVER rule out manchurian candidate type situations. Elements within our government are evil and secret and theyve pulled off way bigger coverups and atrocities than murdering 20 people. Not saying it was, im just saying it could happen anytime if they wanted it to and no president would even know about it.

I'm only familiar with "police acted stupidly." I'm not so sure that the officers killed in the line of duty were purposefully targeted partially due to Obama's rhetoric. However, with Trump there's a pretty seamless connection from his rhetoric to action. Not to say that he or Obama (if one believes he is also somewhat culpable) wanted such things to happen.

And as far as these mass shooter things. I really don't think any govt entity has a hand in these things. Too many people would have to be in the "know" to pull it off.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I'm going to say this: video games is not the reason. This is like blaming guns for the killings.

Unless you really have concrete evidence that it is the cause, stating that just makes you sound like the anti gunners blaming guns.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm only familiar with "police acted stupidly." I'm not so sure that the officers killed in the line of duty were purposefully targeted partially due to Obama's rhetoric. However, with Trump there's a pretty seamless connection from his rhetoric to action. Not to say that he or Obama (if one believes he is also somewhat culpable) wanted such things to happen.

And as far as these mass shooter things. I really don't think any govt entity has a hand in these things. Too many people would have to be in the "know" to pull it off.
    If you have read the manifesto and believe that it came from the perpetrator then this would not be the case. At least not in this incident.

He specifically states that his ideology has'nt changed in several years and his opinions on automation, immigration and the rest predate Trump. Says he is including this because he knows some people and the media will call him a white supremacist anyway and blame Trump for his rhetoric which he states is not the case.

I have read the manifesto but I will not give the author the justification that he so desperately craves. There is absolutely never a justification as I have previously posted.

Top Bottom