• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I just finished a call with my FFL. I registered for E-Forms and received a Username, made a PIN. FFL called me, I joined a computer session and we completed forms. I got a "certified" label with SilencerShop and as I understand.... In 90 days, my FFL should have my tax stamp. Now if I can just get my BOGO from SilencerCo to ship I can do this again and have some range fun.

You completed the forms on the ATF site with your dealer? I'm still so confused on what I have to do. Currently waiting on silencer shop to call me back.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I just finished a call with my FFL. I registered for E-Forms and received a Username, made a PIN. FFL called me, I joined a computer session and we completed forms. I got a "certified" label with SilencerShop and as I understand.... In 90 days, my FFL should have my tax stamp. Now if I can just get my BOGO from SilencerCo to ship I can do this again and have some range fun.

I hope that 90 days is correct but I think that was their target for the end of 2022.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    You completed the forms on the ATF site with your dealer? I'm still so confused on what I have to do. Currently waiting on silencer shop to call me back.
    The process is confusing. I have only ever bought one other suppressor, on a trust. I first bought a suppressor on the SilencerShop website with my local FFL designation ( think partnership), went into FFL and used SilencerShop Kiosk and generated fingerprints, forms( data that is included on the form 4 as a trust. Purchased tax stamp, trust with kiosk. Signed up for ATF E Forms and waited for FFL. The FFL called me and we filed the paperwork with ATF over a shared computer connection.
    Hope that helps.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I finally get to certify my paper work with my dealer tomorrow.

If the 90 days thing is true, I think we should start hearing about approvals soon. Unless they are just sitting on all of them until the 90 day mark to start approving. I would think they would process them as soon as they get them, but it is the government.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Did the kiosk last January for first SS purchase. Bought can, trust info, ensign doc., paid $205 so far. Appointment with SS dealer Tuesday. Do/set up ATF acct., certify at their shop during that appointment.
    I was wrong in that SS dealer did have me set up my ATF acct. at home. Easy, took 10 minutes. More time was spent figuring out acceptable password and recording info than creating the acct.

5-10 minutes online at dealership to certify suppressor...easy peas.

Dealer said ATF is still saying 90 days currently, eventually dropping to 30.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I finally get to certify my paper work with my dealer tomorrow.

If the 90 days thing is true, I think we should start hearing about approvals soon. Unless they are just sitting on all of them until the 90 day mark to start approving. I would think they would process them as soon as they get them, but it is the government.
    Well I went to certify yesterday and something with the ATF site was down. I'm almost starting to wish I would have just did it the paper way.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    For those of you who've finished everything, I have a question: Is the pending eForm4 visible on your eforms login? All I have are my form 1s. If not, I don't get why we even have to do the whole certification link.

Screenshot_20220207-115900_Chrome.jpg

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Ok cool. I did get the email that it was submitted/pending but I just thought it was weird they have you link your eforms account with theirs for the certification if it's not gonna show up in your eforms account. Seems kinda pointless but yeah that's the ATF in a nutshell.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Well I bought another one but went through silencer central this time. We’ll see who gets things done first. Silencer shop said that everything was done on their end and that my holdup with not being ready to certify was with my local dealer. I haven’t called them yet though.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    for those that have done this with a trust, i enter my email and the site generates a username and i enter all my info, but i see nowhere to enter trust info, is that later when we connect/certify it to silencershop?

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    for those that have done this with a trust, i enter my email and the site generates a username and i enter all my info, but i see nowhere to enter trust info, is that later when we connect/certify it to silencershop?
    I don't think you ever have to enter trust info for the atf. I'm assuming everyone on the trust will have to set up an account and sign with their PIN, but I just have myself on my trust so I cannot be totally sure on that.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

I have "certified" twice thru a silencer shop dealer.

I had my prints and photo filed with SS from previous purchases.

If you haven't, go to the ATF efile page and register an account. make sure your info matches exactly with the info you provided SS. Setting up an account is all you are doing. No form 4 info is entered at this time.

When your SS dealer gets the info from SS, they will contact you to certify the efiling. You can do it in person at the dealer or if it is a trust, in person or remotely. Both of mine have been with single shot trusts and done remotely.

For the remote certification the dealer will direct you thru the whole thing over the phone and has only taken 10 minutes for me. The dealer will establish a joint connection to the ATF site with you, you will check a box, and enter your ATF username and pin and its done. There is a short wait on each step for the slow ATF computer system.

Have your ATF username and pin as well as your SS sign-in info, a good internet connection for your computer or tablet and your phone for the call. All of the trust and other info is entered by the SS system.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    I have "certified" twice thru a silencer shop dealer.

I had my prints and photo filed with SS from previous purchases.

If you haven't, go to the ATF efile page and register an account. make sure your info matches exactly with the info you provided SS. Setting up an account is all you are doing. No form 4 info is entered at this time.

When your SS dealer gets the info from SS, they will contact you to certify the efiling. You can do it in person at the dealer or if it is a trust, in person or remotely. Both of mine have been with single shot trusts and done remotely.

For the remote certification the dealer will direct you thru the whole thing over the phone and has only taken 10 minutes for me. The dealer will establish a joint connection to the ATF site with you, you will check a box, and enter your ATF username and pin and its done. There is a short wait on each step for the slow ATF computer system.

Have your ATF username and pin as well as your SS sign-in info, a good internet connection for your computer or tablet and your phone for the call. All of the trust and other info is entered by the SS system.
    thank you so much. first timer newb question's

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I had a couple of quirks but two form 4's have been e-filed. Mark @ IndyArms is the man!

Make sure you know not just your username but also your PIN#.
    And, just in case, know your secret question in case you need to reset your PIN#. The silly website would not pop up the question for the security question, it only asked for an answer. I couldn't remember what question I used.

You will want to have a PDF copy of your Trust ready to email to your dealer.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Finally got the ready to certify email. Went to the dealer and tried but got an error message. Your silencer shop email has to be the same email for the ATF system. Luckily it was easy to go into my profile on the eforms site and change my email so they matched. Tried again over the phone at home and got it done. Now the waiting game begins.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    30 days so far since certification on form 4 eform hoping the guv keep their promise

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    30 days so far since certification on form 4 eform hoping the guv keep their promise
    I don't know. I'm seeing the eform 1 guys waiting longer now at 45 to 60 days where it used to be a couple weeks before the eform 4s started. I think the atf is swamped.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I don't know. I'm seeing the eform 1 guys waiting longer now at 45 to 60 days where it used to be a couple weeks before the eform 4s started. I think the atf is swamped.
    I highly doubt that THEY would over promise and under deliver that is not like them.

Top Bottom