• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I more curious as to how they will start processing them. If they started as soon as they recieved the first one it seems like we should see some people getting them back already.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    My small fingerprint ink pad isn't going to get the job done. I don't know if it dried out but the prints are way too light. It's also not big enough to get the "four finger" done.

Anyone have a suggestion on where (Indy area) to get prints done or find a decent ink pad?
    Identogo.com doesn't have anything available around here.
    Print & go (877)472-6917, nothing soon enough.

I don't have much time to complete & mail in the cards.

Last edited:

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    My small fingerprint ink pad isn't going to get the job done. I don't know if it dried out but the prints are way too light. It's also not big enough to get the "four finger" done.

Anyone have a suggestion on where (Indy area) to get prints done or find a decent ink pad?
    Identogo.com doesn't have anything available around here.
    Print & go (877)472-6917, nothing soon enough.

I don't have much time to complete & mail in the cards.
    thought you eformed? why do you need paper prints? go to and silencershop kiosk if your prints need updated.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Doesn't work that way when your dealer doesn't have the kiosk. You have 10 days to mail in your print cards to ATF.

The local ident places scan a digital fingerprint and do not give you a copy. They keep it for use by the State. :xmad:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    A quick update.

If your dealer doesn't have a kiosk or an FBI approved fingerprint scanner -AND- you do not already have your digital prints ready to email or provide on USB -AND- your dealer submits the efile then you are stuck sending in paper prints. If you tell your dealer to leave the form in "draft mode", you can have them upload your digital prints into the "EFT dropbox" later.

Good luck finding a place that will let you walk out with a EFT USB. I found one but am already stuck mailing in print cards.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Wouldn’t you be able to submit your prints at any SilencerShop kiosk, regardless if it was at your selling dealers location? 99% sure but someone with more experience should be able to confirm

bigz82

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Northeast Indianapolis
    I went to identgo at the state building (downtown indianapolis) on Feb 1st. I got 4 copies for $15 they provided the forms. You have to send 2 copies and the copy of the form transcript that you get in a email after you complete the eform. I did have to get a appointment but when I went they are just set up in the hallway and she asked if I had an appointment. But there was no one waiting and seemed it didn't matter.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Ok, I’m no expert, so I’m asking. Isn’t the point of eforms to expedite the approval? Doing digital submissions and snail mailing prints seems counterproductive, perhaps I’m wrong, I’m not judging, calling anyone out or wrong, just asking. My last form 4’s were thru SilencerShop so there were already digital prints and info, had to redo our photos for the new eform submission but prints were still valid. Are paper prints on an eform kinda normal?

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Ok, I’m no expert, so I’m asking. Isn’t the point of eforms to expedite the approval? Doing digital submissions and snail mailing prints seems counterproductive, perhaps I’m wrong, I’m not judging, calling anyone out or wrong, just asking. My last form 4’s were thru SilencerShop so there were already digital prints and info, had to redo our photos for the new eform submission but prints were still valid. Are paper prints on an eform kinda normal?
    There was nowhere to get the EFTs when I did mine and I didn't go through a silencershop dealer so I had to use the paper forms. I have the EFTs now so next time there won't be paper.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    From what I am seeing on reddit, Eform 4s are starting to be approved, a lot of them around 60 days after submission to the ATF. Anybody here have any luck yet?
    1-20-22 still nothing but 60 days is fast approaching would be nice!

Treel98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2022
    Griffith IN
    I have nothing to add as I haven't done any form 4s yet. But with that being said I've heard from a guy local to me that they're first one came back 77 days.

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    I stopped by the shop today to do my fingerprints on a kiosk for my first suppressor. They said they have had a few e-forms come in around a month, but most have been 2-3 months.

SpinDrift762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 4, 2022
    Brownsburg
    I’m filling out a form 4 tomorrow, here’s hoping it’s under 60 days. It took me 45 days in 2005 for my first can, and that was lightning fast. In 2012 it was a year.

Top Bottom