• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Bought a SiCo Osprey 9 on Friday, just got the e-signature done through DocuSign. I guess in three-ish months we'll see if there's any truth to these 90 day estimate rumors.
    You aren't done yet, you will have to go to your dealer to submit the form 4 with them, unless you bought it as a trust then you can give your dealer the info over the phone.

I'm still waiting for my dealer to contact me. I did the Docusign stuff 2 weeks ago.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    This was through a SiShop affiliate dealer. I just had to log into my account on their Chromebook and take a new picture. Everything else including prints is already on file with SilencerShop, so DocuSign was the last step. This will be my third suppressor and sixth NFA item.

way2good4u95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 5, 2018
    Plainfield
    I just did some electronic prints through printscan at a UPS store and I'm wondering if I wasted $50. I didnt get anything about the EFT file. Just that they would mail two cards.
    Did you do the ATF specific service? It explains you'll get a download link for your EFT file. It's different than the electronic fingerprints that provide physical cards

way2good4u95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 5, 2018
    Plainfield
    That link is not specific. It just takes you to a page that asks you to choose a service of which ATF is not an option. I will give them a call tomorrow.

View attachment 177640
    Then after you click ATF, it should look like this and tell you that you'll get an EFT file which is what the ATF wants.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220123-190943_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20220123-190943_Chrome.jpg
      143.2 KB · Views: 3

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Waiting on either SilencerShop or my dealer to initiate the next step to "certify" with this new eforms. If I don't get the email or hear from the dealer in the next couple days I'm calling them to see wtf is up.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Waiting on either SilencerShop or my dealer to initiate the next step to "certify" with this new eforms. If I don't get the email or hear from the dealer in the next couple days I'm calling them to see wtf is up.
    It's been waiting 3 weeks since I signed the documents. I'm starting to get a bit frustrated with Silencer Shop. According to my local gun shop, the Silencer Shop software to certify isn't available to them yet.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    It's been waiting 3 weeks since I signed the documents. I'm starting to get a bit frustrated with Silencer Shop. According to my local gun shop, the Silencer Shop software to certify isn't available to them yet.
    I've been reading a few things across the internet, mostly Reddit, but it sounds like once the "ready to certify" portion lights up orange it should be on the dealer to log into their SilencerShop account and click a "prepare" button but SiShop is not communicating this very well to their dealers.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I've been reading a few things across the internet, mostly Reddit, but it sounds like once the "ready to certify" portion lights up orange it should be on the dealer to log into their SilencerShop account and click a "prepare" button but SiShop is not communicating this very well to their dealers.

I got in on the silencerco bogo deal by buying an omega 36m at my local dealer. The eform submission was fast and painless. When I applied for the free can online, I was going to have it sent to the local SS shop because the transfer fees were lower and they have a range but after reading all the SS eform complaints I decided to just have it sent to my LGS.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I actually just called my shop and they said something about having to have their ATF account reset and that the whole thing is a cluster fudge between the ATF and Silencer Shop. They said they hope to start getting things sent off by the end of the week.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I just checked my SilencerShop account and it says ready to certify as of today, so I called my dealer and they said I can come in whenever. They(SiShop) are supposed to email you on this step to let you know that you have to contact your gun shop but I never got one. I can see it now: A lot of people who are unaware of the process with the eforms are going to be disappointed at the predicted 90 day mark and beyond when they end up getting ahold of the ATF or their dealer only to find out the paperwork was never fully submitted and they didn't know because they never received an email.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I just checked my SilencerShop account and it says ready to certify as of today, so I called my dealer and they said I can come in whenever. They(SiShop) are supposed to email you on this step to let you know that you have to contact your gun shop but I never got one. I can see it now: A lot of people who are unaware of the process with the eforms are going to be disappointed at the predicted 90 day mark and beyond when they end up getting ahold of the ATF or their dealer only to find out the paperwork was never fully submitted and they didn't know because they never received an email.
    What does “certify” mean? I just bought my first can. Did it all through one of the kiosks but I’m still pretty clueless about the process outside of that.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    With the new eforms system, you have to link up with your personal eforms.atf.gov account(or make one if you don't have one) once everything is ready to submit

Also, I did mine today. Make sure when you go that everything matches exactly on your eforms account what they put in the computer. I have a Dutch surname that begins with "Van" followed by a space and then rest of the name. My address is also a rural address. They had me in their system with my surname all ran together as one word and the address directions fully spelled out West and South instead of W & S as I had it in my eforms account. We kept having issues with it accepting my pin until we made them match exactly.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Had a phone appointment with my SS dealer today. Took all of 10 minutes to get my efile certified.

They told me the appointment before mine took 2 hours because the person didn't have all their info/pin correct.

Top Bottom