DVD Alert: Jesse Stone (Tom Selleck as a cop)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I see on redbox.com today, that Tom Selleck's portrayal of a cop which I have not see them all, but gets good word of mouth, is out.

Jesse Stone: Thin Ice.

I for one feel that Mr. Selleck deserves our support since he is an upstanding gun owner (AFAIK).

JesseStoneThinIce_2530.jpg

When his friend and fellow cop is shot during a visit to Boston, small town police chief Jesse Stone (Tom Selleck) risks his life and career to solve the crime while also investigating the disappearance of a missing child. Not Rated by the Motion Picture Association of America. Widescreen. Closed Captioned.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've enjoyed all of the movies I've seen, but it's tough to remember which is which when trying to rent them.

Sometimes they move a little slowly and I'd like less jibbah-jabbuh and mo'ah shootin', but overall they're good movies.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    I've seen most of the Stone movies. They were made for HBO or some other "premium" cable network (I think one of them might have been a theatrical release).

I do like the series. Selleck is very good. It is a compelling story; he is a good guy but has a lot of problems. The other characters are interesting. The villians are usually pretty despicable.

I'd rather support a movie because it has a good story to tell than if the actors support guns.

For me this goes beyond just the gun owner aspect. I do appreciate movies or TV shows that have a values viewpoint that I can respect. This series has good values about what it is to be a moral person, what it is to be a man, what it is to be strong, what's worth fighting for and what isn't. Selleck's character does some dumb things at times, but they're portrayed as dumb things to do.

When I watch these movies, I feel like the writers and producers live in the same moral universe I live in. I don't get that from TV or movies very often.

I just got the latest Stone movie from Netflix and I'm looking forward to watching it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The interaction Jesse Stone has with his would-be superiors (i.e. the town council) is worth the time to watch the movies. They think they can micromanage him, and he let's them know all they can do is fire him.

Top Bottom