• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    when I would shoot at niles in the winter, and a couple of indoor "night" matches out east, I'd take a towel and bottle of water.... get the towl damp and wipe the bottom of your shoes. could usually get through a stage before they got so dry/dirty again they'd become slick.

-rvb

Bend of the River? That is where I am shooting indoors this winter.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Have you guys seen the vids from Chris Keen in Ohio? They shoot an indoor practice match once a week. I've never been to an indoor range here in Indy but I wonder if we could do such a thing around here? IMO, there is no substitute for live fire.

Back when it was still just IPSC (pre-USPSA), they used to shoot regularly at the Shootin' Match in Terre Haute (it's not there anymore). So it's doable. I would wager that it was more amenable to the expectations of shooters of that vintage than it might be today, though. The courses of fire would naturally be somewhat more limited in scope and movement than what has become the norm in USPSA.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Yes, if you watch Chris's videos, they run three COF on the same course. They move you back or change start positions on each different start.

I understand it's not going to be one of Coach's rifle range courses of fire, but it beats sitting in your favorite chair all winter with a glass of wine and the lights down low, lubing your gun.

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've been shooting indoor matches for three weekends in a row. Had to travel a little.
    Dayton, Ohio - Miamisburg
    Niles, Michigan- Bend of the River
    Detroit, Michigan - Top Gun
    Rockfort, Illinois - Pinetree Pistol Club for the Winter Indoor IPSC Tournament

I couldn't wait all winter to start shooting...

Going to Florida in a week for the Florida Open... :draw:

Last edited:

Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    I've been shooting indoor matches for three weekends in a row. Had to travel a little.
    Dayton, Ohio - Miamisburg
    Niles, Michigan- Bend of the River
    Detroit, Michigan - Top Gun
    Rockfort, Illinois - Pinetree Pistol Club for the Winter Indoor IPSC Tournament

I could wait all winter to start shooting...

Going to Florida in a week for the Florida Open... :draw:

HELL YEAH!....I CANT WAIT!

87gsxr711

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Bought an licensed M&P airsoft replica. It is exactly the same, grips, sights, even about the same weight. Trigger is heavier than my APEX competition set-up, and it is a non blow back version, but I really like it. I made a steel plate rack, and a bucnh of target holders. Been shooting at least once a week. I can notice a difference in my shooting for sure. With the extra mag I can even practice live reloads.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Bought an licensed M&P airsoft replica. It is exactly the same, grips, sights, even about the same weight. Trigger is heavier than my APEX competition set-up, and it is a non blow back version, but I really like it. I made a steel plate rack, and a bucnh of target holders. Been shooting at least once a week. I can notice a difference in my shooting for sure. With the extra mag I can even practice live reloads.

If you ever want the blowback version. I have one and it is pretty decent. Be prepared for about 2 weeks shipping. I believe it comes from Japan.

WE M&P GBB Pistol (Blue) - Armory Tech Airsoft

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    It was too cold in the garage to dryfire when I got home last night so I set up one target in the living room. I think I might get my gun out tonight.

Not bad, I've only got a major to shoot in 31 days.

smith52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Kosciusko County
    I did some live fire indoors last night, was not the best but better than nothing. Figured out some things I need to spend some more time on in dry fire.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    So far I have been dry firing every night for about 10 min at a USPSA target and been shooting at the range 3 times a week for an average of 300 rounds a week. Making a lot of progress but I want to do allot better than last year...

Top Bottom