• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The "few" have difficulty managing themselves.

When the "few" have consequences that impact the majority, it become the responsibility to manage the few.

Freedom is not being able to whatever one wishes. In actuality, freedom is so subjective in infringes on everyone's freedom!

The goal is to manage through such obstacles with minimum rule and maximum positive outcomes.

Random drug testing, IMO, does not infringe on one's freedom but rather help maximize an others.
    Let's be honest, you aren't maximizing anyone's freedom drug testing kids for a dance. Someone taking drugs at some point before the dance does not impact the other kids at the dance in the least bit.

Did it say who was paying for the testing?

NoSaintJoe

shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2022
    Elkhart
    You obviously didn't read my posts.

The same "old" arguments are those in favor of prohibition, of any kind.

I won't need to run for office. The writing is already on the wall for MJ at least.
    Same old arguments on both sides.
    mine is right though

NoSaintJoe

shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2022
    Elkhart
    Technically he did ask for clarification, it was just a little more blunt than normal… :lmfao:
    I just ignored him, I don’t usually do that.
    but I’ve been hearing the same “points” since the hippies.

never by anyone actually affected by it.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Same old arguments on both sides.
    mine is right though
    So I asked you a couple of questions which you have ignored. Care to answer them?
    Oh really? Where is the victim of someone smoking a joint? The vast majority of people that use drugs are not addicted and do not hurt others with their actions taking drugs.
    So, shall we outlaw alcohol and cell phones?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Ive refrained from giving an opinion here, mainly because i really dont care either way. What i will say is, i think its another feel good measure that accomplishes nothing and costs the taxpayers. If the school district has the money to spare, i better not see 10 year old math books or ripped up history books being assigned.

Second, all the people who keep saying "its just giving up one little thing for the safety of the children"... seriously?! As a gun owner, you havent heard this argument made towards the freedom we love to exercise and swear to protect? It seems we only like freedom when its freedom we agree with.

Disgusting.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I just ignored him, I don’t usually do that.
    but I’ve been hearing the same “points” since the hippies.

never by anyone actually affected by it.

Good thing we made drugs illegal and solved all that.

We haven't, and never can, arrest our way of the drug problem in the western world. It's too ingrained in the culture, too widely flouted, and too widely tolerated for laws to be effective. With significantly harsh penalties and wide cultural buy in you can tamp it down pretty effectively, but we don't have either of those. Confusing the arguments against drug laws vs drug use often gets people where you are at the moment with respect to other posters. I've never used drugs beyond alcohol and have done without prescription pain meds when offered. I routinely see the murders over the 'victimless crime' of the drug trade. But the war on drugs has been a failure, and will continue to be a failure, without an underlying culture shift.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Good thing we made drugs illegal and solved all that.

We haven't, and never can, arrest our way of the drug problem in the western world. It's too ingrained in the culture, too widely flouted, and too widely tolerated for laws to be effective. With significantly harsh penalties and wide cultural buy in you can tamp it down pretty effectively, but we don't have either of those. Confusing the arguments against drug laws vs drug use often gets people where you are at the moment with respect to other posters. I've never used drugs beyond alcohol and have done without prescription pain meds when offered. I routinely see the murders over the 'victimless crime' of the drug trade. But the war on drugs has been a failure, and will continue to be a failure, without an underlying culture shift.
    I never did drugs, but have friends that do. Honestly, being around someone who is drunk is worse than being around someone who is stoned. Of course, i cant speak for being around people who use hard drugs, ive cut ties with anyone i found out who did. My little brother died of heroin, straight a's growing up, played bssketball all 4 years of high school, wouldnt get in a car that smelled like cigarette smoke. Dont know how or why he started using, but when he did i told him not to come around anymore. He died shortly after and thats my biggest regret.

Pain pills however, yes, i have taken them. I was prescribed after my tonsillectomy, and after 2 weeks of taking them daily when i stopped i was an emotional mess. Never again. They helped knock the edge off, and im thankful i had them, but wow that withdrawal is horrible.

Top Bottom