MV5BNzgwMDcwNzk1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzY2OTY5._V1_.jpg

Did someone say tacticool?

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish

There will be candid photography? Well, I guess I'll have to wear the balaclava for sure now. Should I cut the chin out so my tactical goatee shows? I don't usually do that at classes but when I'm on Ops that's SOP, and since they say "always train how I fight".... It would be nice if someone would make a face mask that is "beard ready."

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Sure we can. We just have to buy more tacticooler stuff than everyone else. We have to tacticool our tacticool shiz. So, like hard helmet with flip up NVG;s, while wearing TWO droplegs, carrier with 16 mags, shotgun sleeve with a Mossberg cruiser with a rail and red dot, shotgun bandolier, 8 pistol mags anc knee, shin and ankle guards to go with our shoulder, elbow and wrist guards.

Dude... we can TOTALLY do this.

EDIT: Found our rifle:

What's really funny is, I probably carry more gear on my person every day than the comic stereotype we're discussing does during a class. It's just different stuff.

There will be candid photography? Well, I guess I'll have to wear the balaclava for sure now. Should I cut the chin out so my tactical goatee shows? I don't usually do that at classes but when I'm on Ops that's SOP, and since they say "always train how I fight".... It would be nice if someone would make a face mask that is "beard ready."

I may get one of those knit hats that has the built-in beard.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    tacticool - I really would like too see some of cool guys spend about 12-14 hours in full kit at about 100 degrees. Oh then by the way you have night fire so you get to spend another few hours in gear. Then get to do it all over again for a week! I still cringe when I pass by my gear hanging in the garage.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    tacticool - I really would like too see some of cool guys spend about 12-14 hours in full kit at about 100 degrees. Oh then by the way you have night fire so you get to spend another few hours in gear. Then get to do it all over again for a week! I still cringe when I pass by my gear hanging in the garage.

To give credit where credit is due, I've seen quite a few guys in what I consider to be excessive gear (which is hilarious coming from me) tough-out three day classes with a night shoot in July and August. I can barely tolerate that weather sitting in the shade and watching!

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I think I am jaded when it comes to range attire. I spent 24 years of my life in the U.S. ARMY from 17 to 43. I only wore what was needed. I have visited a civillan range and have seen some strange things. Why would you wear ACH to a range if you didn't need too ? Also why carry like 5 magazines for a pistol ? It's a secondary weapon used to get you out of trouble if you primary goes down.
    How did I ever survive I carried the magazine that was in the pistol and one extra. If only had I known!

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I think I am jaded when it comes to range attire. I spent 24 years of my life in the U.S. ARMY from 17 to 43. I only wore what was needed. I have visited a civillan range and have seen some strange things. Why would you wear ACH to a range if you didn't need too ? Also why carry like 5 magazines for a pistol ? It's a secondary weapon used to get you out of trouble if you primary goes down.
    How did I ever survive I carried the magazine that was in the pistol and one extra. If only had I known!

All kidding aside (typing fast because I don't know how long I can hold out) I do love a lot of mags at the range. Less mag loading = more training time. I'll show up at the range with 10 mags, three on the belt and a couple shoved in pockets or other place I normally stash them in EDC. Also, for most of us a pistol is the primary since we can't carry a rifle around....

IME most of the guys who show up in the really odd stuff have never done FoF training. That'll streamline your kit really fast.

Having said that, I'm really dying to gear up like professor Zero and shout out some crazy tactical **** the next time I go out. I wonder how much it costs to get some fake NVG....

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    All kidding aside (typing fast because I don't know how long I can hold out) I do love a lot of mags at the range. Less mag loading = more training time. I'll show up at the range with 10 mags, three on the belt and a couple shoved in pockets or other place I normally stash them in EDC. Also, for most of us a pistol is the primary since we can't carry a rifle around....

IME most of the guys who show up in the really odd stuff have never done FoF training. That'll streamline your kit really fast.

Having said that, I'm really dying to gear up like professor Zero and shout out some crazy tactical **** the next time I go out. I wonder how much it costs to get some fake NVG....

Plus some guys are practicing for shooting sports where more than two magazines are essentially required with 32 rounds courses of fire and 10-rd limits in some of the divisions.

Two mags on your belt and no others on your person isn't enough for most training classes I have attended or taught, especially for 1911s or smaller carry guns that hold 10 rounds or less. You'd be leaving the line to refill your mags over and over and missing drills, even if there are multiple relays. Two on the belt plus more in your pockets or a dump pouch to refill the mag carriers is good to go!

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    You guys must think I am a special kinda stupid. I am talking about the guy on the end of the range wearing the plate carrier with the tomahawk hanging off it. The have a tendency to speak loudly and seem to be subject matter experts on most things. Just the other day I had one explain how the M60 was far superior to the M240.

Glocktard

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 19, 2016
    Central
    image.php

Here's a pic from my last training class! My Mom bought me these games after I got home and ate a hot pocket in my room (her basement) :mallninja:
    Kidding aside I'm a little bit of a gear quire. What bothers me is someone who comes to the range or to a class in full battle rattle and can't hit the broad side of a barn. If you can out shoot me (and I suck so it wouldn't be hard) I don't care if you wear a to-to. It just seems that most the time its the tact-coolest guy in the class that talks the most and usually isn't the best.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Myself, I can't win.

I wore a chest rig to an ACT defensive rifle class and they suggested I try a battle belt instead. I tried one and really liked it. Went out and bought one, set it up.

At some point I bought a plate carrier and plates because, well I cannot honestly say if I bought them because I thought they might come in handy some day or if it was because I was just really into buying tactical **** at that time.

I wore my battle belt sans PC/chest rig to fighting rifle at tactical response and I think I was the only student on the line without a plate carrier (I think they all had hard plates but could not say for sure). At the end of the first day I thought I was pretty clever because I was wrung out even without the extra heat and weight of PC and plates. By the end of the second day I was kicking myself because I own a plate carrier and plates and totally blew my chance to learn how my setup worked for me and how to actually use that part of my gear.

I guess that is the nature of training, to learn from our failures.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I bet one dollar that is not the only skirt George owns.

You know I'm not taking that bet...

I have about 8 or nine. Sorry for those "men" who don't have the balls to wear one:) Guys make fun and chicks dig them and say so in front of the boys they are with that poke fun. They say "what's under the kilt" and I say "your mother's lipstick"

I wear them all the time, not just dressing up for St Patty's Day.- George

Top Bottom