• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • YoungGunLover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Well guys, many people on here have said they don't trust Carson on guns. I have always like Carson, and his statements in a Bloomberg article just make ne like him more. I don't think he's a full blown politician yet, so I'd like to believe he means what he says. Here are a few quotes from the article:

“Perhaps I didn’t convey it appropriately,” he said. “I wanted to convey that, you know, I've lived in urban areas. I've worked in urban areas. I've seen a lot of carnage, and I'd prefer a situation where the kinds of weapons that create that kind of carnage don't fall to the hands of criminal elements or insane people. But that is secondary to the desire to always defend the Second Amendment.”

Carson said that “under no circumstances” would he “allow a bureaucrat to remove any law-abiding citizen's rights for any kind of weapon that they want to protect themselves.”

If he were in a position of national leadership, Carson said he would seek to allow people to possess any kind of weapon they can legally buy, including “automatic weapons and semi-automatic weapons.”

While we can already legally buy and own semi auto and automatic weapons, I am hoping he means he will help restore those rights in places like New York, ect and that he will work towards repealing the NFA.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2014-11-20/ben-carson-seeks-to-assure-supporters-hes-solid-on-guns

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    He will now be called a flip-flopper. I will wait to make a call on him, but I have always liked what he's had to say.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I like this line too...

Asked by one call participant whether he would support convicted felons being allowed to possess guns after serving their time, Carson said it would “depend on what kind of criminal activity they were convicted for.” He added, “Is this somebody who is still considered a danger to society? If that's the case, they probably still should be in prison.”

It's one thing to say you support guns and wouldn't support retrospectively making guns illegal, etc. But the test would be how they answered the question of repeal of NFA, GCA, etc.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    His original comment wasn't really that bad. iirc and paraphrasing, he said something along the lines of that he would prefer people in urban areas not have ak-47s. I'm sure most people on here who strongly support the right protected by the 2nd amendment have some people they would prefer not to have guns. I know I do. And I think that convicted felons should be able to purchase them, and fully support a complete repeal of the nfa and gca. Mail order a full auto tommy gun from sears? Heck yeah. Same with walking into your local gun shop and picking one up off the shelf, put down your cash and walk out the door with it. But there are a few people I can think of off the top of my head that I would prefer not to own firearms. But I support their right to do so.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I'll wait to see his voting record on gun control.

Well you'll have to wait until he's held an elected office...any elected office to find a voting record. Everyone up for amateur hour in the WH again? Too many unanswered questions or questionable answered ones. How about we put him in charge of HHS? Even then, fighting to change an entrenched bureaucracy is not an easy job unless it comes alone will budget reductions and personnel cuts so you can weed out the rot.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I like Carson, although I haven't vetted him all that much.

In any case, my money right now is on a Walker/Cruz ticket for 2016.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ehhh, "new statement" is correct.
    I liked him also, before I heard some of this sort of commentary from him just last year:

...Dr. Benjamin Carson took a vastly different stance from most conservatives on the issue of gun control, claiming you shouldn’t be able to own semi-automatic weapons in large cities...

...“I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it,” Carson elaborated.

?Conservative Hero? Ben Carson To Beck: You Have No Right To Semi-Automatic Weapons In Large Cities | Mediaite

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    He may not be in politics... yet, but I always like what he says, so if he does throw his hat in the ring, I'd be real tempted. Last time the country elected a rookie it didn't go so well, still ain't and we got 2 years left, but this rookie has common sense at least.

Top Bottom