• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    Downsize DC is an organization that I have supported since their inception. I believe that a number of participants in this forum would like their agenda. Please visit their site and read about them and consider supporting them. They are a non-profit, non-partisan educational organization promoting (the libertarian) ideas of individual liberty, personal responsibility, free markets and small government. They are currently focusing on two key proposals.

Read The Bills Act of 2011 (Make Congress read their bills before voting.) Did you know that no one had read the Patriot Act before passing it initally as it wasn't even back from the printers when they voted? Please visit their site and read the bill. I think once you do, you'll want to send a letter to your elected representatives asking them to sponsor the "Read the Bills Act." of 2011.

You'll also find information on the upcoming One Subject at a Time Act (Stop Congress from combining unrelated bills.) Did you know that internet gambling was effectively outlawed by the Safe Ports Act?

Read them over and if you like what they say, I hope you'll consider joining the Downsize DC "Army" aiming to shrink the federal government to its Constitutional limts.

You can also find information on the Write the Laws Act, Enumerated Powers Act, Free Competition in Currency Act and Fighting Deficit Spending as well as other campaigns consistent with Constitutional Government at their website.

DownsizeDC.org

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but
    of a people constituting a government; and government without a
    constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a
    nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or
    assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust,
    and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature
    and quality of either." -- Thomas Paine (1737-1809)

Top Bottom