• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I owned one. I am not an "avid" AR guy, but it shot very well.. I did some research on the company at the time, and IIRC, they are hand fitted and whatnot. Mine was solid and it shot true. I had to sell it because of tough times. :tantrum:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    As with everything I have heard both good and bad about doublestar. I have no personal experience with them, so I cannot comment on them. I amsure they are functional and will get the job done for the average person. I am also curious to know how they compare to some of the other manufacturers.

I have been very impressed with the PSA rifles and parts that I have seen and I think that link posted earlier is an amazing deal! Now if I can just come up with another 450 bucks :xmad:

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I thought about the Double Star cabine on Bud's guns for $669; then I found out about PSA, 1:7 twist, chrome lined barrel, chamber, BCG, and less money.

Here is the PSA, that I put together for $625.

078.jpg

mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    For the price your being asked you can do much better than the used double star.

Sounds like someone overpaid and are trying to recoup some loss.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    That Palmetto deal is a hard one to beat. You could possibly build one for less but the savings wouldnt be worth it. Depends on what model doublestar you are considering but their base AR should be about $650.

Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    I think Im gonna pass on it. been thinking pretty hard about it and im gonna use the money to build what i really want. a 7.62x39 AR. A lot of you will think im dumb for it but I already have a bit of ammo for my AKs and it makes more sense to me.

I do appreciate all the feedback, made me think about it more.

Top Bottom