• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    So it appears that the now departed thug was nothing but bumbling idiot. I just saw a Fox news report that he barely passed the academy requirements. They said he had a negligent discharge shooting himself in the hand during his academy time and was always in trouble for this and that. At the time he was fired he was just barely qualified to be in a patrol car by himself.

Funny how some of the media held him out to be some super duper ninja commando. Anyone can ambush kill almost anyone. As more information becomes available it seems that this clown was just that...a clown. Oh yea BTW...he is dead.:yesway:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    And it took 4 years to **** can him? How much damage can a bad cop doin 4 years? And we're supposed to believe that police departments work diligently to weed out the bad apples?

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    If he was barely competent and yet stayed on the force for 4 years, that pretty much guarantees that a certain percentage of LAPD officers are at the same level.

Maybe that explains how the LAPD ends up with officers who shoot innocent people whenever they get spooked.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Never heard of him.
    :)

I think you have. ;)

The guy the mask is supposed to look like...

350px-Anonymous_at_Scientology_in_Los_Angeles.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Never heard of him.

So does Dorner's supervision bear the slightest hint of blame for allowing him to keep his job for 4 years? His fellow officers who worked beside him for 4 years? Even the army didn't take a fraction of that time to chapter the ****bags.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    If he was barely competent and yet stayed on the force for 4 years, that pretty much guarantees that a certain percentage of LAPD officers are at the same level.

Maybe that explains how the LAPD ends up with officers who shoot innocent people whenever they get spooked.

This assumes that the newly released information isn't also "new" information in his files. LAPD had almost a week to demonize this guy in the press and make their case for firing him. Up until now it was always just that he lied about his training officer's behavior.

Because using the weakest, unverifiable single reason is always better than several strong, confirmable reasons, I guess.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Generally, aren't those kinds of records usually confidential, anyway? I mean, maybe not discipline issues, but academy grades and stuff?

Only coming out after the guy is (presumably) dead? Barely passes the smell test.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Generally, aren't those kinds of records usually confidential, anyway? I mean, maybe not discipline issues, but academy grades and stuff?

Only coming out after the guy is (presumably) dead? Barely passes the smell test.

I think the reason for the OP and the LAPD releasing these records is to deflect blame from the LAPD. I think it's going to backfire. It just further illustrates their incompetence at weeding out the bad cops. They want to eat their cake and have it too.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I think the reason for the OP and the LAPD releasing these records is to deflect blame from the LAPD. I think it's going to backfire. It just further illustrates their incompetence at weeding out the bad cops. They want to eat their cake and have it too.

The LAPD Police Union is the problem. They are extremely powerful and California is a very union friendly state. Plus, LAPD is required to maintain certain levels of black/Hispanic/female officer levels thanks to the Clinton meddling. LAPD is forced to recruit individuals who would never be hired in other departments. They often have criminal records (Raphael Perez and the Ramparts scandal a few years ago) and/or cannot meet standards (so the bar is lowered further). Candidates who would excel at police work don't work for LAPD. It is the bottom of the barrel and where you go as a last resort.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The LAPD Police Union is the problem. They are extremely powerful and California is a very union friendly state. Plus, LAPD is required to maintain certain levels of black/Hispanic/female officer levels thanks to the Clinton meddling. LAPD is forced to recruit individuals who would never be hired in other departments. They often have criminal records (Raphael Perez and the Ramparts scandal a few years ago) and/or cannot meet standards (so the bar is lowered further). Candidates who would excel at police work don't work for LAPD. It is the bottom of the barrel and where you go as a last resort.

so all good officers are in favor of doing away with police unions?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Another point. Who exactly is the police union? Isn't it the membership? So the bad apples only make up a tiny fraction of LEO's but it's the unions who are to blame when they can't fire them? So how does this tiny fraction of LEO's hold the rest hostage in the union leadership? Is it because the good LEO's are willing to dance with the devil (union) to protect themselves and in turn protect the bad apples?

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    It's hard to get bad cops fired via unions. Your personnel jacket is not completely protected from the FOIA, especially if it has to do with negligence or performance on the job. I can't cite the cases on here, but the info has been released before.

Being through a few processes... I've seen the equal opp employer crap with departments. Hell, I tested with a dept. in Hamilton county and watched them fail guys for being a push up short on the exit standards. But, two females that couldn't get close to meeting the standards were allowed back for the written later that day. I watched guys walk out when they noticed that.

Top Bottom