Donald J. Trump. Messiah? Poopiehead? Discuss...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think there are some people in the GOP that would have a hard time voting for

• A black person
    • A woman
    • A Mormon

Those sums aren't enough to affect the primaries. But as close as it gets in the general, depending on who the Democrats run, those who care about race, sex, and religion might be enough to swing the electoral college the other way.

Whether she could win the nomination would depend more on how good of a campaigner she is, and how well her message connects with Republicans, than whether she's a black, Mormon, woman.

I think you attribute behaviors to racism which actually have other causes you don't understand. You make it pretty obvious that you think the vitriol against Obama is due in a great part to racism. Some for sure, but to a much less extent than you think. Ben Carson did very well, and probably could have done much better had he been a better politician and campaigner. His campaign's eventual demise was mostly self-inflicted. He didn't have to drop out because he is a black man running as a Republican.

And you didn't see INGO say anything about Carson that they said about Obama. Both men are black. Only one of them is a progressive Democrat. That had a hell of a lot more to do with the vitriol towards Obama than the color of his skin.

Ben Carson? Well, I've certainly heard enough times how "educated, and articulate" he is. He had as much chance of winning the nomination as Jessie Jackson's escaping from a Klan Rally on a desert island.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Thanks for the affirmation of applying the same standard to the rest of us that you use yourself. Not that I doubted your personal intellectual honesty here, but still, it is nice to be reminded of the fact.

Bro you already have 50 posts. No need for randoms.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ben Carson? Well, I've certainly heard enough times how "educated, and articulate" he is. He had as much chance of winning the nomination as Jessie Jackson's escaping from a Klan Rally on a desert island.

Well. C'mon. Dude was a ****ing brain surgeon. He probably makes a better brain surgeon than a politician. Why are you still making it about race?

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well. C'mon. Dude was a ****ing brain surgeon. He probably makes a better brain surgeon than a politician. Why are you still making it about race?

Because, whether Carson himself wanted it or not, both left and right media alike fell over themselves to point out "he's on of the good ones"...and made it about race for us. I thought we were supposed to put that **** behind us in the 1960's. It's like a scab some people won't stop picking.

It's never going to heal like that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    NO.
    The ACLU does NOT need to rethink.
    These idiots making that claim need to rethink.... or move somewhere else.
    If you (not you miguel) don't want freedom, then move to a place with no freedom
    Don't try to change the one place left struggling to maintain freedom.

You have condensed current politics and the Raison d'être for Trump, all in one succinct paragraph :yesway:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Hey had a better chance to win the nomination than Mia Love that's for sure.... but it ain't anything to be hopeful about. A Black female Mormon anchor baby, with a serious chance getting the GOP nomination in the foreseeable future? I want some of whomever thinks thats possible is smoking.... actually, 1/10 of whats being smoked will probably put me on Saturn, so I'm not asking for much.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Ok, Mea Culpa. I thought I detected sarcasm.

Even though we frequently see things from different perspectives, the fact that you are a good and decent man means a lot. I do enjoy being reminded of this bit of truth which makes a huge difference.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Nevermind it was to help keep cities from overwhelming farmers.

Silly me, I thought at the time of the formation (after ratification) of the Electoral College that they all were 'slave owning states' (methinks Russ meant states within which slave owning was legal)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    [snip]

And here's some armed ANTIFA at Charlottesville:
    15counterprotest1-master768.jpg

Those aren't the armed 3%'ers that were there to try and keep the two sides apart. Later, I will see if I can find a picture I saw of a 3%'er holding an ANTIFA and a WS apart while they are trying to fight each other. That whole Charlottesville thing was a real ****-show.

Red bandana part of the uniform/unit dress? I don't think they're bloods

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Now, You've said that you retired from the military. Is it possible that you never served under anyone that you had no respect for aside from the rank.

I only served 7 years. I know I did.

Is it too much to ask to just feign respect for the office.

I served for a few and I was very fortunate I was able to get other positions during some of these times, I was also very fortunate that being an NCO I was able to teach or make some officers in my time see the light. I also served under some extremely lazy NCOs for which I took their job.

In the case I respect our country and the office much more than I respect this individual.

This isn't an discussion either one of us will win. I don't see that. We can and might discuss it but I know I won't agree that I need to select someone I have no reason to respect,

And by the way because I have to go remind me to tell you of an incident where as an E-7 I tangled with an E-8 who failed to ensure a section under him failed to maintain their equipment for about 8 months,

Maybe I just see things differently but I think my experiences in the military are much different than yours. During my service the saying was always you have to respect the rank but not the person. That being you had to respect the rank and position but the person had to earn your respect. Now this wasn't just a saying amongst privates but this is what I was told by a good number of my senior NCOs. I was combat arms by the way.

So when the young brand new Second Lieutenant, ring knocker, right out of school came to me and told me he was in charge of my section well....... Keep in mind he couldn't help it because the battalion at the time was being run by the officers.

Now the movie I saw more than once during this time was the movie called "NCO The Backbone of The Army". It stared Gen Starry who spoke of the time he was a young Lieutenant and of how his NCO handed him a pair of maintenance overalls and took him down to the motorpool and showed him how to conduct maintenance on their sections vehichle.

Anyway this Lieutenant had this idea that he knew everything and that he was in charge. Anyway I initially tried to explain the different responsibilities for individual and collective tasks. Things like how he might want to listen to me because I at least had four years in the military. Anyway to say the least he would not have any of that. So I actually had to humble him a bit before he stepped back and let me run things. Now if you would like I would be happy to share how this was actually accomplished. But to say the least our section ended up being the best section and although he always was a busy body I ran the show.

So then there was the time I showed up to my new duty station and as an E-6 I was assigned to a section being run by another E-6 with more time and grade. After about 2 or 3 days I went up to the E-7 and told him if I had to continue to work for him I would be finding a better position. Of course I went into detail as to how I found this guy to be incompetent and why I had no desire waist any of my time. The E-7 in turn put me in charge. When we both came out on the E-7 list at the same time he was promoted ahead of me but since my unit was E-7 heavy in my MOS they moved him to another unit and kept me.

Now these are a few small examples of where I am coming from and what I was willing to do. I believe in doing the right thing even though I'm not perfect and even though I stumble. I don't believe in screwing around and I believe strongly in taking care of my people.

So I would be more than happy to share further examples and explain what exactly I did to gain control of the situation with that Lieutenant. But frankly the example of my interactions with an E-8 as an E-7 would better exemplify what I'm willing to do. Frankly any one who has any idea of how the military works knows it's extremely uncommon for an E-7 to tell an E-8 off. But don't get me wrong this isn't because I just like showing my A**. I have a great belief in what I am doing and I on't believe in screwing around to get there. I do not blindly follow those who do not lead.

So yes based on what you have said so far I can see why we have a problem seeing eye to eye.

Last edited:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Maybe someone can work really hard and get a candidate through the D primary who is not part of the swamp, part of the progressive anti-republic machine, and actually seeks to serve his/her constituents. Until then, Trump is the only candidate who has managed to get traction who is not beholden to the swamp. If you don't like him, then how about having a talk with your side equally spirited with your talk with us about finding you a real candidate?

The D party isn't my party so they aren't my side. Now if everything works out and the Republicans could find someone like say Kasich now that might work for me.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Kasich could never win. That is what you want , weak R's so the D's always win. Then we can sitback and say I held my nose and voted for him, this mess is not my fault.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Kasich could never win. That is what you want , weak R's so the D's always win. Then we can sitback and say I held my nose and voted for him, this mess is not my fault.

In the current system the time to pick your most ideal candidate out of the field is the primaries. But the general election is a dichotomy. One of those two candidates will win. Your only vote is for which one. Sux, but such is our voting system.

Top Bottom