• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And wasnt it woke driven investments that caused SVB to fail recently? Wasnt part of the reason they failed was because investments in woke companies that should never have happened? As I recall they kept losing money because they would invest in progressive startups that made no sense financially and only appealed to their woke ideals.

"Hi. I'm Sarah and I'm starting up this company that [insert ridiculous woke idea that makes no financial sense and is doomed to fail here]"

Regular investment banks: No! You cant make any money doing that!
    SVB: "Wow! GREAT idea. How much do you need?"

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

SmokingTrigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2023
    Hancock County
    Welp...

:):

View attachment 269859
    I couldn't care less if a company supports gay rights. Where my problem with AB is the eradication of women. Women are women and men are men. Not a dude pretending to be a woman.

I will stand right beside gay people in support of equal rights. But I will not stay silent with the mental issue of transgenderism is going on.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I couldn't care less if a company supports gay rights. Where my problem with AB is the eradication of women. Women are women and men are men. Not a dude pretending to be a woman.

I will stand right beside gay people in support of equal rights. But I will not stay silent with the mental issue of transgenderism is going on.
    The LGBTQ+ Community includes that as well (T). Any opposition to one is an opposition to all.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Look at their stock chart. Stock price has jumped $5-$7 per share since this campaign started on 4/1. Nobody is destroying them.
    You sure?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I’m not, though, for destroying an American, an iconic company for something like this,” said Trump Jr.

I’m thinking it might be very important to remember those words in the future.

For something like this?!?
    That’s how we got here, to where we are. He must not disagree with where we are and be fine with it.

You can argue the “destroy an American company” details, but there is no way that this is not immoral on his part, whether promoting ‘equality’ or protecting his investment.
    Sound just like a New York I was a democrat before I was a republican kind of guy.
    Uhhh, if you are trying to dog DJT Sr, he was a republican first, then Reform party (Perot), then (registered as) democrat during the GWB years and then back to republican again for the Obama years. He was republican or reform more than 4X as long as he went democrat. Must not have liked Bush II (don't blame him)

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    You sure?

I’m not a finance guy, but the stock price took a sharp turn upward.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Babylon Bee nailed it: https://babylonbee.com/news/beverage-pretending-to-be-beer-features-man-pretending-to-be-woman

U.S. — In a match made in heaven, a beverage that tries to pass itself as beer has hired as its spokesperson a man trying to pass himself off as a woman.

"For decades, we've been putting carbonated backwash in a beer can and pretending it's beer," said Anheuser-Busch CEO Brendan Whitworth. "Who better to represent our brand than a guy throwing on a dress and pretending he's a woman?"

Follow up:

U.S. — As conservatives across the nation vowed to no longer drink Budweiser products, people who possess functional taste buds have promised to continue their decades-long boycott of Bud Light as well.

"No way I'm ever drinking Bud Light," said local man Jimmy Billings. "Wait, there's a boycott?"

Not a fan of light beer of any stripe, but I'm sure I'm drinking other InBev products on occasion. Negra Modelo and Stella Artois belong to InBev, as well as a ton of other domestic and imports:

And even more beers are part of their distribution "alliance", meaning they get to wet their beak on sales of thinks like Kona Brewing. I think it's going to be real tough to make any sort of dent in large companies playing either or both sides of the culture wars. I'm not sure about locals. A 6-pack lasts me a couple months, so I don't think any company is going to really notice my patronage or lack thereof.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Can someone explain to me what the reason this upsets you is?

I originally thought people were upset because Bud light did this the days following the school shooting by the trans person. Which is what i thought was terrible. Now im not so sure that why the masses are upset.

If you like something I dont care about the name or whos doing advertisements (as long as its not something extreme like hitler's lager). Before four rose caught on people gave me crap about drinking a bourbon with roses on the bottle.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Babylon Bee nailed it: https://babylonbee.com/news/beverage-pretending-to-be-beer-features-man-pretending-to-be-woman

Follow up:

Not a fan of light beer of any stripe, but I'm sure I'm drinking other InBev products on occasion. Negra Modelo and Stella Artois belong to InBev, as well as a ton of other domestic and imports:

And even more beers are part of their distribution "alliance", meaning they get to wet their beak on sales of thinks like Kona Brewing. I think it's going to be real tough to make any sort of dent in large companies playing either or both sides of the culture wars. I'm not sure about locals. A 6-pack lasts me a couple months, so I don't think any company is going to really notice my patronage or lack thereof.

It's about time all of you weenies joined me in my bud light boycott. Several decades and counting.

Top Bottom