• ...and so much more!
  • ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Being serious now, Leo reminded me of one lady who brought nearly a hundred moon clips loaded for a Steel Challenge I attended. Many of the professionals there had lots of loaded mags. We shot 5 strings a bay, and there were 13 bays for the entire event. Each bay had at least 5 targets, and that didn't include your inevitable misses.

Reactions: Leo

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Being serious now, Leo reminded me of one lady who brought nearly a hundred moon clips loaded for a Steel Challenge I attended. Many of the professionals there had lots of loaded mags. We shot 5 strings a bay, and there were 13 bays for the entire event. Each bay had at least 5 targets, and that didn't include your inevitable misses.
    I have tossed the moon clips in the tumbler with the spent brass still attached. Everything cleans up just fine. I still have to take them off to reload on the Dillon.
    I always thought it would be cool if someone (paging Mike Dillon) would modify the SDB reloading press to be able to load all six 45acp rounds while still on the stripper clips.

High round count events, like that Steel Challenge would be slick with a tool box full of loaded moon clips.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I have tossed the moon clips in the tumbler with the spent brass still attached. Everything cleans up just fine. I still have to take them off to reload on the Dillon.
    I always thought it would be cool if someone (paging Mike Dillon) would modify the SDB reloading press to be able to load all six 45acp rounds while still on the stripper clips.

High round count events, like that Steel Challenge would be slick with a tool box full of loaded moon clips.
    This lady had a clear plastic container with internal partitions that held I believe 10 moon clips each. She had a cart with a container for each bay. Some guys loaded between bays including me with my GSG .22 MP5 and the only two 22 capacity mags I had. All the serious people had mags already loaded for the day so they didn't have to keep reloading during the transitions.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Whats the reason for keeping them loaded?
    An unloaded magazine is most closely related to an empty roll of toilet paper: useless until you reload.

I have left 1911 (Chip McCormick) magazines loaded for 20+ years, with no loss of functionality. I also own a Keltec P32. The original 2 magazines have been loaded to the top for 30+ years. The only time I unload them is when shooting my annual box of ammo through the P32. About 2 years ago, I bought two more P32 magazines. The old ones work just like the new ones: perfectly.

SmolderOutdoors

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Westfield
    I feel like I’m hearing Celine Dion singing “you are not alone, I am here with you”.

I have a minimum of 10 mags for all of my favorite guns. But if we’re talking Glock 17 round mags, I have 40 or 50 of them. $19.99 is such a great price for reliable mags.

And I love loading things up before I go to the range, so my 1 hour of range time is 1 hour of range time, and not 48 minutes of me loading mags.

View attachment 344759
    View attachment 344760
    What box do you use in the top picture? Or is it a custom build?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

I regret to inform you that Mike Dillon died in 2016.

• Sad
    Reactions: Leo
    Top Bottom