• Do You LIKE Your Job?

• Total voters

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I love my job. Not like I love my family but you understand. I am VERY fortunate to have a career with job security, fair pay, and I can actually contribute to my community EVERY DAY. My kids are proud of what their dad is/does (more than what I could say at their age). I don't have to work in an office (that would kill me inside). I like "getting my hands dirty". I meet really neat people (really, I am being serious) that I would have never otherwise have met. A police uniform is a magnet for casual conversation and I rather enjoy that aspect. Kinda counter balances all the detritus that I am surrounded with on a daily basis.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    the company I work for is horrible though. They always want more for less, recently announced shift changes. We didn't meet last years goals, so they made the goals for this year harder.

Welcome to ATT
    Check your integrity at the door

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    I'm ashamed to tell people what I do. It's so pointless. And it always leads to jokes about jersey shore. Most of them are accurate though.

braz007

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My main job is good (electrical engineer). People are awesome, work is *really* meaningful. Despite a few really good end of year performance appraisals I haven't gotten a large promotion recently (for a couple years). I did look for other opportunities but the jobs I were interviewing for weren't even close to what I've got (maybe better in terms of pay and position) but not near the same people, and fringe benefits (hours, comp time, vacation, office, etc).

My second job (adjunct professor of engineering) is not what I expected when I signed up. Does not pay well and is lots of work. This will be my last semester teaching for a while (might go back later).

My third job (firefighter), I absolutely love. Although I do it for pretty much free, it is worth it. I hope to never leave it.

MRTOOSE

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Putnam Co
    There have been good times and bad .. right now is good ..hoping it stays that way . Found out 3 co workers got laid off today:(

Top Bottom