• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Gas stations are notorious places for injecting. People found in their bathrooms and cars all the time

Seems like anywhere that has a steady flow of people in/ out has become the location of choice so they can be found and hopefully saved if it goes south. Makes me think deep down some of these addicts really do want help but are either too lazy or too stubborn to seek and follow through with a treatment process. I also think many refuse to fully walk away from their "friends" that have enabled/ dealt/used and that is a constant pull back to that life. I could be wrong..I have been before

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I think we have opened Pandora’s Box so to speak with the mindset of the government trying to help everyone and now we can’t stop it.

The welfare system was meant to help people get back on their feet not be a way of life. We’ve gone from that to free condoms, free drugs for addicts, free health services, free needles, free abortions. This all started back in the 60’s with the war on poverty and trillions of dollars later and we are worse off than we were then. Most people below the age of 35just believe that they should be taken care of when something happens and they have no responsibilities for taking care of themselves, or even their children.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    There are month-long injections of an opioid blocker you can give people. No idea why we don’t use that and prefer methadone/suboxone instead. Other than $$$ for clinic is better for frequent med visits than only once a month.

My wife is a psychologist and works with addicts quite frequntly. The answer to why so many addicts prefer methadone/suboxone instead of an opioid blocker is that the blocker requires the addict to endure withdrawals while methadone/suboxone allows them to avoid them. Most are not serious enough to endure the discomfort and prefer to take the easy route, regardless of results. She also encounters many people that would walk across the city to meet their dealer but are unwilling to travel 10 minutes once a month to get the opioid blocker shot.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    Just yesterday we worked a 25 year old female who overdosed on something she injected into her that she had found on the ground outside. ++ I guess when addicts are hard up, they go outside and look for the cotton balls that have been used prior to filter the herion. We worked her for about 28 minutes until we got pulses back. Then, the medic transported her to the hospital... did I forget to mention that she was 2 months pregnant? I had to talk to her father on the phone and give him a sit. rep. he is shipping out soon for an overseas tour to the middle east. I won't know the woman's condition until I talk to the medics next shift.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    ... Other than $$$ for clinic is better for frequent med visits than only once a month.

I was talking to a friend from Portland last night, subject came up of all the addicts/homeless/legal ganja etc. He said there's a popular methadone clinic where the owner is reputed to also be the main dope dealer in his area. Creates his own demand, I guess.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have seen what drug and alchol addiction will do first hand in my family. It's pretty insane. I have one brother that moved to that land of peace love and drugs so he doesn't have to live in the real world. He has pretty much zero. Lives from one high to the next. I have a niece who had been clean for years and seems to be going back down the same path again.

I may appear a heartless bastard. But I have written them off as a total loss. I do not associate or communicate with them. Every time i have ever gotten involved it just cost me $$ and stress I do not need. They can come around when they are not asking for $$ and aren't stoned. Then maybe we'll talk.

Op, thanks for trying. You did the best you could do. Thank you for doing what you could.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    It's hard to compete with drugs when some states legalize it, tv and movies glorify it, heroes from music come from drugs and violence. You can't even begin to know how much weed is available to kids. I'm pretty sure a joint is easier to get than a six pack of beer. Honestly I think the crack down legal dr prescribed meds is making things much worse in the drug community by inviting more demand for illegal drugs. Things are a mess and it is rapidly getting worse.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's hard to compete with drugs when some states legalize it, tv and movies glorify it, heroes from music come from drugs and violence. You can't even begin to know how much weed is available to kids. I'm pretty sure a joint is easier to get than a six pack of beer. Honestly I think the crack down legal dr prescribed meds is making things much worse in the drug community by inviting more demand for illegal drugs. Things are a mess and it is rapidly getting worse.

There are any number of characters that hang out at the Speedway on the corner. Most are wearing ankle jewelry. The are all slinging. Right out in the open. Makes my head explode. To say or do anything will only cause me grief.
    They tried this at the station across the street but the owners ran them off. Seems odd to me.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    California will sell you pot, all you want, the state will be your drug dealer! But will not sell you a gun or ammo now. MAkes companies label anything that may cause cancer, but forget a carry permit to protect yourself.

Top Bottom