Do "Conservatives" Really Want What They Are Getting?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Just a general comment; the Libs push climate control when they really want people control. As someone stated above, I well remember the weather in the late70"s and the Time magazine article about the coming ice age.

Given the chance, Liberals will take total control of our lives and country. We are all that stand in their way.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    IBTL.

I've said, "being pro-life is more than being anti-abortion."

The church generally has the easy part of that down pat.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I blame climate change on Mastodons driving their huge SUVs!!! There was once a great sheet of ice over Indiana, said to be over 5000 feet thick. Think about that for a second, imagine a mile high sheet of ice overhead! The the Woolly Mammoths and their SUVs came and the earth started warming and then man came and continued where the Mammoths left off.

But wait, wasn't it warmer when the dinosaurs roamed North America? Then what did the dinosaurs do that caused the cooling that forced Mastodons to drive SUVs that caused the warming that we are now blamed for?

Oh wait, climate change is normal, natural for this planet, but control over a free people is also normal for power hungry people, so beware!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Want to have your mind blown?
    I can guarantee we will have a massive warming period starting about the end of May early June next year. It’s going to get HOT. Some places will put out heat warnings and recommend staying inside in the AC.
    You and your wacky conspiracy theories.
    Where do you people get this stuff?

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Want to have your mind blown?
    I can guarantee we will have a massive warming period starting about the end of May early June next year. It’s going to get HOT. Some places will put out heat warnings and recommend staying inside in the AC.
    And about 300000 of us will ignore the heat warnings and report to 16th and Georgetown—or in my case, 25th and Georgetown—on the last Sunday in May. There we will witness much ethanol being converted into carbon dioxide and water (some of which will be done in the race engines).

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Texas passes anti-abortion ban in 72 hours with no public debates.
    6 weeks, no exceptions for rape, incest, medical exemption for mother's life...

Allows for $10,000 bounties for anyone that snitches out the person that got the abortion, any health care provider that participates in the abortion,
    But also anyone that knew about or supported the abortion, like vehicle drivers, family members, friends, etc.

As written, it doesn't exempt out of state abortions, the law as written is blanket for all Texas residents...

Is that what the 'Conservatives' wanted, laws railroaded through legislative bodies when they admit they know full well it's unconstitutional?

What happens when the "Conservatives" go full Taliban?
    Or I guess in this case it would be full Inquisition?

Murder shouldn't be legal. We have laws and government so that we can have rule of law, and not live in anarchy clown world where you get murdered because someone took offense to your bumper sticker.

If we can't even agree that murder is wrong, there's nothing more to debate.

As for climate change, you won't see me complaining or disagreeing with tangible, realistic solutions that are available to us right now. Like vast expansions of nuclear energy, US energy independence (since we have stricter laws on pollution than other nations where our energy comes from), and solar/wind solutions.

But when it's "we have to do something!" and then simply signing on a non-binding contract... Hell no.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Four pages, one non-troll...
    That's disingenuous. You chose to gloss over many legitimate counter points that were presented. Or maybe you just intended to get your shots in at Conservatives using textbook liberal talking points and then you tried to claim this was all apolitical.. Perhaps that's what lead to the mockery posts scattered about the thread.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Pro-Life...

What about the mother's life when the pregnancy goes wrong and both will die?
    No medical exemptions in this one.

Then what are 'Conservatives' doing about mass shootings?

Why are there still death penalities?

How can Pro-Lifers support wars?

Why are people dying because medical care is controlled by insurance companies?

I may not be your target audience here as I don't really have strong opinions on abortion. I would say I lean more "pro-life" but it's not a hot button issue for me and I see the arguments on both sides. In short, it's not an issue that decides who I'll vote for.

That said, those questions are pretty disingenuous. Pro-life is simply the short hand to categorize one side of the argument, not that anyone who opposes abortion is a Jain monk. The unborn are not violent criminals nor enemy combatants and it's not a difficult task to note the differences.

As for global warming, again, I'm probably not your target audience. I don't deny climate change is real, but I fully accept I don't have the background to remotely begin to decide what's true and what isn't in regards to how much mankind is affecting it and what needs to be done. I also fully accept that regardless of what I think, I won't make a difference. I'm trusting the various eggheads who are much smarter than me to figure out how to cope with it. Given how rapidly technology has advanced in my lifetime, I don't think it's unreasonable to think some advance will sort it out one way or the other.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    And about 300000 of us will ignore the heat warnings and report to 16th and Georgetown—or in my case, 25th and Georgetown—on the last Sunday in May. There we will witness much ethanol being converted into carbon dioxide and water (some of which will be done in the race engines).
    That's just so racist.

Top Bottom