Do "Conservatives" Really Want What They Are Getting?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Warnings for 40 years about global warming/climate change,

11 of the worst recorded wild fires in the past 5 years.
    Bigger, and more frequent tropical storms & hurricanes.
    More and bigger tornados.

11% reduction in food supply because previously productive land is now unusable due to droughts.

Is this what they wanted?

Texas passes anti-abortion ban in 72 hours with no public debates.
    6 weeks, no exceptions for rape, incest, medical exemption for mother's life...

Allows for $10,000 bounties for anyone that snitches out the person that got the abortion, any health care provider that participates in the abortion,
    But also anyone that knew about or supported the abortion, like vehicle drivers, family members, friends, etc.

As written, it doesn't exempt out of state abortions, the law as written is blanket for all Texas residents...

Is that what the 'Conservatives' wanted, laws railroaded through legislative bodies when they admit they know full well it's unconstitutional?

What happens when the "Conservatives" go full Taliban?
    Or I guess in this case it would be full Inquisition?

They "Say" they want the government to stay out of their lives,
    But now they voted to rule bedroom activity, and be in the doctor's office with them...
    Did that cross anyone's mind?

Someone has to pay for the climate change issues,
    Relief after floods, hurricanes, tornados, wild fires, etc.
    All the while screaming taxes are too high.

Where is the money going to come from?

I'm seriously interested in this...
    I've been around a while a seen some pretty strange things done.

Is this the nuclear option for 'Conservatives'?
    Why now? (Trump, loss of seats, fear/confusion/anger) what is the motivation?
    Is this a distraction for something else going on?

I guess if I live long enough, it will all come out in the wash later on, just wondering why now...

Last edited:

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    This probably belongs in the political section. But in my view, protecting human life is not unconstitutional.
    This is apolitical, it's personal interest in what's popped up this week and how people rationalize it.
    Strictly curiosity based reaction to current events.

I'm not directly impacted by the Texas decisions, and I'm not female which the law is most directly affecting, and I'm past child bearing years anyway even if I were female.

I'm sure there will be plenty of trolls,
    Just wondering if there is a 'conservative' that can express exactly how they can rationalize the opposed facts into a cohesive opinion...

I'm a Constitutionalist, so issues like war, death penalty etc are Constitutional, I don't have issues there.

I'm wondering about the mindset...

Pro-Life...

What about the mother's life when the pregnancy goes wrong and both will die?
    No medical exemptions in this one.

Then what are 'Conservatives' doing about mass shootings?

Why are there still death penalities?

How can Pro-Lifers support wars?

Why are people dying because medical care is controlled by insurance companies?

I'm wondering how that's rationalized in the 'Conservative' brain, how do those diametrically opposed facts co-exist?

I'm not saying I don't have conflicts about things, I'm just wondering what happens when things are taken to the extreme...

I also find interest that you CHOSE to go Pro-Life rather than addressing climate change that will effect you most...

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    i-am-super-duper-cereal-al-gore.gif

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Based on post history, I have serious doubts that you're truly curious about the viewpoints of those with whom you disagree, and are simply looking for an opportunity to stir a pot of **** stew. If you leave out the arrogant, condescending attitude I've observed in many of your other political posts, you might have an opportunity to change my mind. But, based on how you've worded the "questions", I'm not hopeful.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Based on post history, I have serious doubts that you're truly curious about the viewpoints of those with whom you disagree, and are simply looking for an opportunity to stir a pot of **** stew. If you leave out the arrogant, condescending attitude I've observed in many of your other political posts, you might have an opportunity to change my mind. But, based on how you've worded the "questions", I'm not hopeful.
    giphy.gif

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've got a better idea.

Let's talk about the improvements to our country and way of life brought to us by the liberals. I'll go first.

I'll get back to you on this one. It's gonna take some time to twist reality to fit the mold of the liberal utopian daydream. I'm sure corner store baby killing drive throughs and transvestite taught sex ed classes for 6 year olds and stealing from the working class to give to the work averse have surely been of benefit.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    True, but it's also sometimes difficult to not get that kind of attitude when you know literally everyone is going to disagree with you. Gonna give him the benefit of the doubt because I think this thread could be fun to watch :):

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm just glad conservatives are the only people utilizing fossil fuels for transportation and energy. I'd sure hate for the liberals to have to actually practice what they preach. It's more fun to be hypocritical and talk yourself up as some great bastion of consciousness while behaving exactly like us heathens who do things like drive Jeeps around polluting the atmosphere.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I guess if Conservatives defend the sanctity of life of the unborn they are akin to the taliban.

The death penalty? The unborn don't commit capital crimes worthy of such punishment in the womb.

War? The unborn don't go to war.

These are both in response to the OP's strawmen arguments.

Last edited:

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I'm just glad conservatives are the only people utilizing fossil fuels for transportation and energy. I'd sure hate for the liberals to have to actually practice what they preach. It's more fun to be hypocritical and talk yourself up as some great bastion of consciousness while behaving exactly like us heathens who do things like drive Jeeps around polluting the atmosphere.
    Hypocrisy is as foundational to the leftist worldview as is the absence of logic.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Dead soldiers, dead cops, skyrocketing oil prices and inflation, economy and jobs in the toilet, dissolved confidence in our elections, violent crime soaring in major metro areas and our society becoming the laughing stock of the planet.

I’m not sure why we don’t have 100% of the country voting democrat in every election. The liberals are getting everything they want.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    "I'm a Constitutionalist, so issues like war, death penalty etc are Constitutional, I don't have issues there"

These are the words of the OP. He says that he has no issue with war and the death penalty but he uses those examples to castigate Conservatives for defending the sanctity of life of the unborn.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    "I'm a Constitutionalist, so issues like war, death penalty etc are Constitutional, I don't have issues there"

These are the words of the OP. He says that he has no issue with war and the death penalty but he uses those examples to castigate Conservatives for defending the sanctity of life of the unborn.
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
    Hypocrisy is as foundational to the leftist worldview as is the absence of logic.

Top Bottom