• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Diamond Collision supports home Gunsmithing and I have been posting some threads about guns I have been working on and plan to continue to post about it.
    I will continue putting projects in this thread as time goes by and if any one else wants to post anything they are working on or ask/answer questions here I welcome that.

Just thought I would throw this out and see if it flies or if it gets deleted :)

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    What is your experience with Bersa Thunder Pro's failure to extract? If you wish, pm me and we can chat about my problem.

Thanks

Last edited:

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Last week I managed to do a trigger job on my Marlin 783, cut a coil and a half off the trigger return spring and smoothed the sear and trigger down on stones with a good buffing. Took the trigger from a gritty 7.5# down to a smooth 3.6#.

I also did a action job on my new Marlin 1894c. I tore it completely down, sanded the burrs on all contact points down with 800, 1000, and 1200 grit. Then it was off to the buffing wheel with some polish compound. I buffed every internal part to darn near a mirror finish. After re-assembly I can work the bolt with one finger. I was going to snip a coil off of the hammer spring as well, but have read in doing so some 1894's have issues with light primer strikes so I just ordered a wild west happy trigger.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Funny, I did pretty much the same thing to a Marlin 1894 just a while back. It all started because of an extraction issue.
    There was a burr left inside the chamber where it was relieved for the extractor.

The actions feel awesome with some polish work

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    There was a burr left inside the chamber where it was relieved for the extractor.

Exact same issue here.

There was also a NASTY burr on the face of the carrier assembly causing some problems when pulling a cartridge from the magazine tube. I'd say 10% of the time I had to cam the lever twice to get the base of the bullet over the burr unless I was just slamming the lever.

Top Bottom