• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Years ago I worked with a guy who was a F4 backseater in the Indiana ANG in Ft Wayne. He liked to call F16s "Jarts" because they were having issues with cracked wings at the time.

So regardless of legality, many things can be Jarts.
    Maybe because the Falcons were supposed to be a purely air combat machine, and of course, they wanted to stick bombs on it.

Originally it was planned on being a balance to the Eagle, which was (is) $$$$$$$$$$

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Thats good but yet bad to send emails. I never got anything about it. I just assumed sellers were being cautious in their posts. Probably should have posted about it in big RED letters.
    Be careful what you wish for....they could force us to read it as a banner message and change passwords if they get serious.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    See, Subaru owners. Always thinking it has to be a street race. Where I got play we end at the same place we start and compare times. I’ve beaten my fair share of subies in cars that shouldn’t. Street racing is for chumps.
    I'm talking more Tail of the Dragon or some such, not racing others per se but find most people have more car than they can drive. Like being behind a bagger on a sport bike on a similar road

I don't race in the street because it is stupid and dangerous. Before I got married I got my racing jollies in showroom stock C. When you have to account for the actions of others, utilizing the best line still available rather than only having to worry about taking the best line, whether you have any tires left rather than did you shave enough rubber off your tires, its a bit different

Step off the pavement for a rally stage instead of Solo and my car will perform just as well, your parking lot carver not so much. Little Car Syndrome

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I'm talking more Tail of the Dragon or some such, not racing others per se but find most people have more car than they can drive. Like being behind a bagger on a sport bike on a similar road

I don't race in the street because it is stupid and dangerous. Before I got married I got my racing jollies in showroom stock C. When you have to account for the actions of others, utilizing the best line still available rather than only having to worry about taking the best line, whether you have any tires left rather than did you shave enough rubber off your tires, its a bit different

Step off the pavement for a rally stage instead of Solo and my car will perform just as well, your parking lot carver not so much. Little Car Syndrome
    I don't SAY anything but when I meet a motorcycle rider that is regaling me with stories of carving canyons, I do look at their rear tires in a judgmental sort of way.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    These were taken off market because they could shatter on a cool day.
    1679767824454.png

The banned children's toys known as clackers were loud, but were they dangerous? If you played with them as a kid in the '60s or '70s, you remember the clack-clack-clacking din of plastic or glass sphere smacking against sphere. Did you ever witness the infamous shattering of a clacker, with glass or plastic shrapnel flying dangerously in all directions? Evidently, it happened, as there were numerous documented cases of injury due to fractured clackers, and they were taken off the market.
    Just as the clacker fad was losing steam the Consumer Product Safety Commission deemed them a “mechanical hazard.” Parents everywhere rejoiced as they disappeared from the market. Therefore, the clackers went the way of “jarts” also known as lawn darts, which were a fun outdoor game when safety precautions were observed. The jarts were a bit like throwing knives, though, and kids were bound to use them as such sooner or later.

Mine shattered but no harm done. I still have my second set somewhere.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

I gave up solo for time trials. Road racing is much more fun. 5 more weeks until this cars second One Lap.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't SAY anything but when I meet a motorcycle rider that is regaling me with stories of carving canyons, I do look at their rear tires in a judgmental sort of way.
    So, I'm to believe your chicken stripes are skinny. I don't SAY anything ...

Ever been out Mulholland from Topanga to PCH? I did it on friend's 1100 and I was pretty slow because unfamiliar with the bike, which was a top heavy freight train that I didn't want to wreck, and unfamiliar with the details of the road. But I wasn't there to set a record I was there to enjoy myself

Ever done the Tail? Too famous, too crowded with people that are too slow, IMO. They also have a right to just enjoy themselves so I try not to judge but I am not noted for my patience. If you're down in that area, try NC63 from Wilshire Park, on the west side of Asheville, to NC209 in Trust and then a couple miles north to Dave's 209

Not as long as the Tail nor as well maintained, but less crowded and pretty much all locals, and more fun because of that. Not saying you won't get breezed. Equally fun in a capable car

Top Bottom