• ...and so much more!
  • FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    From my understanding Im not braking any rules by posting this but this is the reaction I get from a Mod when asking for clarification on an action they took and if the correction I made is valid. Its very clear they have no patience. I expect to be treated with respect when asking questions about new rules. Please note I asked three times about the ad and it was flatly ignored. Then met with "I think we're done here" as if this isn't a two way communication. Im not talking to my first sgt again im talking to a site moderator.

I understand this may ruffle some feathers and get me banned but I feel we are just as important in making this community what it is as the mods are. How can I just drop this and still say Im against authoritarianism? I guess I expect a mod to control their temper and conduct themselves appropriately. Considering they have authority id say a veiled threat is highly inappropriate.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230322-221528_Samsung Internet.jpg
      Screenshot_20230322-221528_Samsung Internet.jpg
      161.9 KB · Views: 316
    • Screenshot_20230322-221538_Samsung Internet.jpg
      Screenshot_20230322-221538_Samsung Internet.jpg
      202 KB · Views: 316
    • Screenshot_20230322-221550_Samsung Internet.jpg
      Screenshot_20230322-221550_Samsung Internet.jpg
      166.2 KB · Views: 301
    • Screenshot_20230322-221603_Samsung Internet.jpg
      Screenshot_20230322-221603_Samsung Internet.jpg
      197.4 KB · Views: 319

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Out of curiosity I wanted to check your post history - wasn't there some thread about "bump" that came up this week?

And I wanted to check out the item in question - seriously MS Paint to cover up that it's a SBR?

:n00b:

And "Definitely no brace included Due to sites rules." That's a nod and wink if I ever saw one.

KellyInAvon gave you the right level of courtesy on this one.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Are you feeling butthurt? Serious question?

We posted that braced pistol ads would be deleted a while ago. Apparently you're not following along. I'm sure you were given a reason when ad was deleted and why.

You can remove the brace and sell without but you decided to be cute and use the edit function to scribble it out.

We are looking out, not only for the site, but for members too as the legality of selling a braced pistol is vague at best.

I'm gonna munch some :popcorn: and wait on the mod you're calling out to respond.

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Out of curiosity I wanted to check your post history - wasn't there some thread about "bump" that came up this week?

And I wanted to check out the item in question - seriously MS Paint to cover up that it's a SBR? :n00b:

KellyInAvon gave you the right level of courtesy on this one.
    Your lack of knowledge of firearms is showing. Ms paint to cover up a brace thats no longer there. Plus a brace doesn't make an SBR until may 31st deadline.
    Im sorry what about bump? Pretty sure that was awhile ago and not relevant to this issue

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

We posted that braced pistol ads would be deleted a while ago. Apparently you're not following along. I'm sure you were given a reason when ad was deleted and why.

You can remove the brace and sell without but you decided to be cute and use the edit function to scribble it out.

We are looking out, not only for the site, but for members too as the legality of selling a braced pistol is vague at best.

I'm gonna munch some :popcorn: and wait on the mod you're calling out to respond.
    I did report this post

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    You absolutely can and you did. Unfortunately, you chose the wrong way to be critical. I would have asked another mod to mediate or asked Texkev for input. Then, I would have left it alone.
    Well dang. I believe your right welp i appreciate the correction and advice.

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis

Your 100% correct and I thanked the mod for pointing out the post about pistol braces but inquired about the rule. The response was dismissive and aggressive. The legality is they are still legal to sell. Seems like more then one mod is aggressive

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    To be clear, I've been very critical of mods in the past. I've been very vocal about mods in the past. However, I was only publicly vocal when the mod decided to show their ass in public. Frankly, I'm surprised that I'm still around after going nose to nose with mods. There have been many times I've called out mods in private as well when I was something that I didn't agree with.

My rule of thumb, if a mod shows their ass in public, it's fair game. If in private, keep it private.

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    To be clear, I've been very critical of mods in the past. I've been very vocal about mods in the past. However, I was only publicly vocal when the mod decided to show their ass in public. Frankly, I'm surprised that I'm still around after going nose to nose with mods. There have been many times I've called out mods in private as well when I was something that I didn't agree with.

My rule of thumb, if a mod shows their ass in public, it's fair game. If in private, keep it private.
    Thats not a posted rule and after the vailed threat of "starting **** with a mod" private was no longer an option

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Your 100% correct and I thanked the mod for pointing out the post about pistol braces but inquired about the rule. The response was dismissive and aggressive. The legality is they are still legal to sell. Seems like more then one mod is aggressive
    Are you a lawyer and certain of this fact? I'm gonna guess NO.

Go sell it on armslist. :wavey:

Top Bottom