• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Let's see the dirtiest guns you have.

This is my current carry piece believe it or not. I bought it new a couple years ago. The only cleaning I have done was wiping the factory copper lube out of the slide and an occasional paper towel down the barrel to get out any gun powder flakes left behind. I have put a few thousand rounds threw it and only have had a couple hick-ups. I had a few FTF/FTE do to shooting with my weak had (I limp wristed it) and a couple light primer strikes with WWB. I try to only shoot Blazer Brass for plinking and have not had anymore problems with it. I don't think I will ever clean this gun. That is as long as it keeps running strong. It's kind of my personal long term torture test.

DSC02423.jpg

DSC02429.jpg

DSC02909.jpg

DSC02910.jpg

DSC02912.jpg

DSC02914.jpg

DSC02915.jpg

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I wish I would have taken pictures of how bad my 9mm suppressed SBR looked after about 4000rds with ZERO cleaning. I only gave the bolt a little bit of lube before any type of shooting.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Blazer Brass is some dirty ass ammo, especially in 9mm. I can't believe how dirty it is. The brass that comes flying out is halfway covered in black crap. But it does seem to be reliable for my glock and my two carbines.

IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    I should have taken pictures of my FNP45 before it's last cleaning. Although it was only around 600 rounds, it was terribly dirty. I only cleaned it because my brother is using it until his Para comes back.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I admit I am not the cleanest person, but I am obsessed with keeping the Bersa clean now. I noticed that it had picked up some lint and dust form pocket carrying, and even thought it was cleaned after I shot last, I cleaned it thoroughly again. Wish I could translate by Bersa OCD to the rest of my life ;)

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Not sure I get the appeal?

Do you clean your house? cars? other tools?

I can't stand filth. My guns get a thorough cleaning even when they haven't been shot.

I hear ya'. Its nice to know my guns will go long periods without a cleaning, but I see no reason to do it... your car could go for 20K miles without an oil change, but that doesn't make it a good idea.

Unlike cars, Guns don't have filters to keep partials out of their moving parts. NOT cleaning your gun for excessive periods just has no merit whatsoever in my opinion.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I hear ya'. Its nice to know my guns will go long periods without a cleaning, but I see no reason to do it... your car could go for 20K miles without an oil change, but that doesn't make it a good idea.

Unlike cars, Guns don't have filters to keep partials out of their moving parts. NOT cleaning your gun for excessive periods just has no merit whatsoever in my opinion.

If you like cleaning your guns, good on ya.
    I hate the chore.

The beretta in my pic has WELL over 100k rounds (somewhere in the 120-140k range) and runs like a top. groups are starting to open up a bit since the throat is pretty much shot totally out but it will still keep it in the A-zone at 25 yds. cleaning them every range visit has no merit in my opinion. Only my carry guns get cleaned more often than 1-3k, and thats just cause I don't want my cloths stained. A super-tight bullseye gun I could see cleaning every few hundred rounds.

Bad comparison to a car. A gun sees 100k cycles in 100k rounds, and average temps on the mechanics and bearing surfaces are much lower. a car sees 100k revs in just a few miles of city driving. And the gunk tends to build up where it doesn't matter. you can even see in the pictures that slide rails and locking surfaces have very little crud build up, even after 20k rounds.

Oh, and graphite (aka gun residue) is a lubricant.

-rvb

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    i think 40cal is just showing he is shooting.i think its cool.he cleans his gun.its like being scared to ride to sturgis,or afraid to get the bike dirty.i ride he shoots.i hate to think it needs explained.

Top Bottom