• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlackDog714

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenwood
    I see NO issues with doing that with a range gun, however not cleaning your EDC gun is asking for trouble if you ask me...

Guns that dirty are going to fail sometime and if it's your carry gun, why take the risk that it stops working when you need it the most?

My life is worth more than taking that chance with my EDC but if you are comfortable with it, more power to you. I hope some hood rats don't try and test your theory.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    I see NO issues with doing that with a range gun, however not cleaning your EDC gun is asking for trouble if you ask me...

Guns that dirty are going to fail sometime and if it's your carry gun, why take the risk that it stops working when you need it the most?

My life is worth more than taking that chance with my EDC but if you are comfortable with it, more power to you. I hope some hood rats don't try and test your theory.

I agree. Cleaning guns can be a pain, but I didn't spend hard earned dollars for a quality firearm to neglect it. Do what you like with yours. All my guns are clean and lubed.We had afire in our building 2 years ago, We waited 6 months to recover our guns (water damage ) There was little rust. I NEVER carry a dirty gun on the street. What if something went down, and it's questioned wether you fired your gun or not? If you didn't, and you have this filthy gun, what then?

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    It's a Glock, a combat pistol, it was made with abuse in mind. Just like the Beretta, it's had thousands of rounds with out cleaning. Thats why the military uses/used them. They can get dirty and still work. If the gun happens to fail when I need it, well thats why you practice clearing drills. I feel comfortable with this gun and do trust my life to it. Now if this was a 1911 theres no way I would do this. Its hard enough finding the right ammo to get it to work right.:laugh: Less talky more pictures!

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    It's a Glock, a combat pistol, it was made with abuse in mind. Just like the Beretta, it's had thousands of rounds with out cleaning. Thats why the military uses/used them. They can get dirty and still work. If the gun happens to fail when I need it, well thats why you practice clearing drills. I feel comfortable with this gun and do trust my life to it. Now if this was a 1911 theres no way I would do this. Its hard enough finding the right ammo to get it to work right.:laugh: Less talky more pictures!

Huh? I just had the first hiccup on my 1911 today. The slide didn't lock back after the last shot. It's either the mag spring, or the little tab on the follower finally wore enough that it's not engaging the slide release.

Of course, it was made in 1943. Think your Glock will be failure-free and with all original parts in 63 years?

Oh, and the ONLY ammo I've had not feed in it was Talons.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    This is about as dirty as I let mine get, since I didn't clean it this weekend. We're planning on hitting the range sometime over the next couple days, so it didn't makes sense to give it it's weekly cleaning.

Gets cleaned after every range trip, and usually every weekend or so. I don't see any particular reason to see how dirty my carry gun can get.

001-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Huh? I just had the first hiccup on my 1911 today. The slide didn't lock back after the last shot. It's either the mag spring, or the little tab on the follower finally wore enough that it's not engaging the slide release.

Of course, it was made in 1943. Think your Glock will be failure-free and with all original parts in 63 years?

Oh, and the ONLY ammo I've had not feed in it was Talons.

Good lord man, If you haven't figured it out yet let me be the first to tell you. Us Glock fans always give the 1911 fans a hard time and vise versa. Don't take it so personal. At the end of the day we all still love each other.
    :gaychase:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I don't think you are going far enough with it. Slap it in some mud, roll it around in dirt and maybe some tar and feathers. Then where it around in your holster in case you need it to protect your life. Let's think outside of the box here. A little residue from a measly few thousand rounds. I thought you wanted to torture it. My 1911 could do that in it's sleep.

Seriously, If you are going to carry a gun you should take care of it.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    WOW! I got the point a while ago that most of you dont agree with me not cleaning my carry gun. Pictures = good, repeating what has been said 10x = bad. I just want to see some dirty guns...

Top Bottom