Difference between Mag and Clip..... (HAHA)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Is this really something worth arguing/debating?

Because it gives us a chance to dog-pile on the poor slub that mis-speaks, make him/her feel inadequate and stupid while simulataneously allowing us to be self-righteous and believe we are intellectually superior!

Why else?:D

down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County

If you're trying to educate a newbie that's one thing, but if you go around correcting guys who have been shooting for years... well, you're probably just being a little bit tedious...

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Uh-oh..... there you go.

Why do they call that stuff I put in my car motor oil then?

I knew that would get a rise out of somebody! Actually, I've always wondered that, myself. The only "motor" under the hood (generally) is the starter motor.

We might have to take this matter up with Bam-Bam. Maybe he could put Joe Biden in charge of an investigation. "Big Oil" probably owes us millions in reparations! :D

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I've never heard anybody refer to a 9 as a 45 or a 45 as a 9... (well, maybe I did hear some idiot fan of Mrs. Brady mix them up when she was talking about barrel shrouds!)

Hmmmmm. Lemme see here, Andy. I do believe a 9 would be a 38, ain't it? We better take this up with Calhoun.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Ever go into Burger King and order a Big Mac?

Anyone ever notice your 1911 on your hip and comment how nice your Glock looks?

Ever ask for a hammer and get a chisel instead?

Ever give your wife/gf (or both?) a bouquet of ragweed and wonder why you've got a knot on your head while you're sleeping in the doghouse???

Words have meanings and help people communicate thoughts and ideas. When you use one word that communicates a different thing or concept, you contribute to confusion and miscommunication.
    Dude: "Nice Glock, man!"

You: "It's a Colt 1911, thankyouverymuch."

Dude: "Whatever, man, you know what I mean ...nice Glock."

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I knew that would get a rise out of somebody! Actually, I've always wondered that, myself. The only "motor" under the hood (generally) is the starter motor.

We might have to take this matter up with Bam-Bam. Maybe he could put Joe Biden in charge of an investigation. "Big Oil" probably owes us millions in reparations! :D

Let bam bam do his own damn work. Throw him under the hood, turn the key, and ask him to point out the difference.

Watch that fan belt!

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I wonder how many people on this forum know what the Hell we're talking about. They've probably never even been down to the Knights of the Mystic Sea Lodge hall! :D

Holy mackerel! That's just plain crazy. I thought everybody been to the Lodge!

Top Bottom