Difference between Mag and Clip..... (HAHA)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I started it to be a smart a$$ because some guy made some comments about one of my posts on my other thread lol.. i had no idea that this many people would respond haha :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Haha.. Thanks for making this thread!

When I think of "clip", stripper clip comes to mind, which is definitely NOT a magazine.

Strippers are carrying clips now. Wow, the things you learn.
    Blame TV and movies for the labeling. I have been teaching my kids to shoot since 12 yrs. old and they still ask for clips at the range on occasion. I try but it is an uphill battle.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Strippers are carrying clips now. Wow, the things you learn.
    Blame TV and movies for the labeling. I have been teaching my kids to shoot since 12 yrs. old and they still ask for clips at the range on occasion. I try but it is an uphill battle.

At least they're not asking for strippers, are they?

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    opinions about how they aren't the same.

It's not a matter of opinion. Clips and magazines are not the same. Some guns have external magazines which you load by hand and then lock into the magazine receiver. Other guns (e.g., the M1) have internal magazines which are part of the gun and which you load with stripper clips. It's like people referring to an internal combustion engine as a "motor". Where's the argument?

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Is this really something worth arguing/debating? We all know what we are talking about. It's almost becoming a 9 vs 45 thing. I just use the correct term when I speak. My father in law calls it a clip when we talk guns. Never bothered me, never had my gun refuse to take another "clip" when he asks for one.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Is this really something worth arguing/debating? We all know what we are talking about. It's almost becoming a 9 vs 45 thing. I just use the correct term when I speak. My father in law calls it a clip when we talk guns. Never bothered me, never had my gun refuse to take another "clip" when he asks for one.

I've never heard anybody refer to a 9 as a 45 or a 45 as a 9... (well, maybe I did hear some idiot fan of Mrs. Brady mix them up when she was talking about barrel shrouds!)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom