Difference between Mag and Clip..... (HAHA)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    So i guess that since my comment about a Glock using a clip in another thread has caused so much debate, ill start a thread for people to air their opinions about how they aren't the same.. So that way people can stop harassing me on my other thread about my misuse of the term "Clip" Lol!!!!

:rockwoot: Enjoy!

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    So i guess that since my comment about a Glock using a clip in another thread has caused so much debate, ill start a thread for people to air their opinions about how they aren't the same.. So that way people can stop harassing me on my other thread about my misuse of the term "Clip" Lol!!!!

:rockwoot: Enjoy!

If you think that clips and mags start a debate, wait until the spelling authorities on here catch up with you.:D

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    Im glad you did'nt have to empty your ?????? Whatever into your last posts BG. :D Be carefull or the Spelling Bee Nazi will get cha. :rockwoot:Post before me got there while I was typing. Uh Oh

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    All of my Mosins have mags. I can use a clip to load the mag of a Mosin if I wish, but I don't have to.

My Garands require me to use a clip, unless I am just loading a single round.

Another difference; magazines can often be more informative and entertaining than clips, but that is a whole different story.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    All of my Mosins have mags. I can use a clip to load the mag of Mosin if I wish, but I don't have to.

My Garands require me to use a clip, unless I am just loading a single round.

Another difference, magazines can often be more informative and entertaining than clips but that is a whole different story.

Interestingly the M1 Garand is sort of a walking paradox in this context, with it's "En-bloc" clip internal magazine.

M1 Garand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Meh! I still slip up every now and then and say clip while in my mind I said magazine. :laugh: its one of those things, guys just wait for somebody to slip up on so they have a good, cheap reason to razz them.

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    Clip_vs_mag1.jpg

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I remember reading somewhere that the incorrect usage of clip has been part of the lexicon for over a hundred years...I think at this point it might as well be considered slang rather than "incorrect usage".

Top Bottom