• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Appears to be another step back in raising the general publics gun awareness in my opinion

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I say, we all call the 765 number and TELL them, OC, IS LEGAL in In., and no permit, is needed, for rifle or shotgun..... sounds like an OC event to me !!!!!

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Does this mean that when in Lafayette I am doing my civic duty by calling the police if I chose to OC that day?

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    The first thing I would like to point out is:
    Date of Record: April 23, 2008

At the Date of Record, was there a City Ordance in place against OC?

I understand the new law that's in place would make any ordance null and void, but if there was an Ordance in place, their website needs to be updated to reflect the new law. Rather than jump right to a OC event, don't you think maybe some of us should contact them via e-mail? The addresses are supplied under the "contact" link, Cheif of Police all the way down to Training.

I've got nothing against an OC event but since the page is dated Apr 23, 2008, I think a letter/e-mail should be the first step. Now if it was dated July 1st, 2011, I'd say let's start organizing the OC event now.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    City of Lafayette, Indiana: When to call 911

Reasons to dial 9-1-1. Check out 3 from bottom
    "carrying a gun in plain view".
    Unless they mean out of holster ...

Except for the fact that it's not illegal even to carry a gun out of a holster in your hand or duct taped to your forehead.

Unless you're walking down the street with your arm stretched out in front of you pointing it at everyone.

But I get your point.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I would call 911 anytime I see a police officer with a gun, looks like it's the best thing to do according to them.
    Report those crazy people with guns as soon as you see one, if not for you do it for the children!

culture350.jpg

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    I would call 911 anytime I see a police officer with a gun, looks like it's the best thing to do according to them.
    Report those crazy people with guns as soon as you see one, if not for you do it for the children!

culture350.jpg

I thought that police officer /kid in your pic was taking a knee to aim a firearm. That would be ironic

Top Bottom