• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    lol :): ....my wife came in look at the screen at Miguel comment and said he must be talking about you douche bag .....and walk out saying you forgot to take the trash out laughing ....talk about burn......:D

SORRY! I will do some push ups to even out the karma of it all. ;)

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    It does lead a person to suppose the day is coming when the only active portions of INGO will be the 'Break Room' and the 'Non-firearm' section of the classifieds by virtue of the remainder having little subject matter to discuss that is not forbidden under the rules or else illegal.

There's a firearm section here? :dunno:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'll admit, I get a little reactionary when the "DHS is coming after us" drum starts beating. The targets seem odd, but a few questions:

1. Is there any evidence that the DHS asked the targets to be created or even has ordered any?
    2. If the purpose is to prepare agents for the coming round-up, why is it out in the open?
    3. From a static picture, you are so assured you can discern exactly what every threatening and non-threatening situation is?

I would not order the targets, but I just react badly to the "pregnant women, mothers and old guys can;t be dangerous." It's a bad assumption to make.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    I will try to get you understand why a lot of people are up set with this .....but I do think your the type that will not see it coming until it at your door.... I could be wrong so here it goes:

Your first question is yes it falls under the do not hesitate training SOP for Agency's and police departments.

Second question .....does it look like people are getting round up ...no ...its called desensitization of Target though repeating training to thought and muscle memory so there is no hesitation to fire on target.

Your third question.....all of those picture are not realistic to a real scenario officer face daily.. most look to be people defending children or home, all look surprised ...lets say a home entry.....

look at there cloths this are average people none violent profiling except the weapon(gun) in there hand ..well dressed .....etc. were are the minority targets ? were the urban gang dressed targets, none of these target fit a realistic training profile but enforce a shoot first assess the situation later...

some wonder why mainly the next generation of police officers give conceal carry/open carry hard times and are dislike people who do so, that is the cause of desensitization effect training....

Here some question for you:

How many pregnant women have shot a officer in the line of duty in the last 20 years.

How many officers have shot pregnant women in the last 20 years....

How many kids under the age of 7 have shot a officer in the last 20 years...

How many officers have shot a child under the age of 7 in the last 20 years..

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    No evidence yet. Has the DHS ordered those targets?

As to your series of questions, do you have the answers or are you assuming you know them?

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I'll admit, I get a little reactionary when the "DHS is coming after us" drum starts beating. The targets seem odd, but a few questions:

1. Is there any evidence that the DHS asked the targets to be created or even has ordered any?
    2. If the purpose is to prepare agents for the coming round-up, why is it out in the open?
    3. From a static picture, you are so assured you can discern exactly what every threatening and non-threatening situation is?

I would not order the targets, but I just react badly to the "pregnant women, mothers and old guys can;t be dangerous." It's a bad assumption to make.

I agree that any muzzle pointed in one's direction, by any type of person, is bad. And I agree that anyone could go berserk at some point given circumstances..."bad guy" is a label that should be earned by actions, not by age/race/gender.

However, with that said, these particular images still don't pass my smell test. The milk jug may still not have reached its "best before" date, but it smells way bad in this case. Maybe I saw "The Professional" once too often ("no women, no kids") but this just has a stink I can't overcome, for whatever reason.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    No evidence yet. Has the DHS ordered those targets?

As to your series of questions, do you have the answers or are you assuming you know them?

:ugh:

these type of targets are used by DHS, police departments , and in civil disturbance operations training.....

yes I know the answer to those questions ......take the time research it yourself ........ps the police win in numbers .....big time

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sick f####ers.

WTH is wrong with people? We wonder why cops shoot a pickup full of light skinned women and then again a white man looking for a large black man and wonder how something like that can happen?

Completely out of control. Completely sickening.

Um, what? The part about white women and black men...huh?

So explain to me how it's impossible for a pregnant woman to be a threat? I guess we should stick to zombie targets, because that's a good training scenario.

Forgive me for always playing devil's advocate, but are the same people who think this is horrible the same one who think replacing the nondescript silhouette target with BHO is a perfectly acceptable thing?

Also, is anyone actually using these or are they just for sale?

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    You have proof? I've been a cop since 1996 at 3 different departments and have never seen one of those targets used.

From this company no ....from other targets with children and women old people with guns just like those posted yes....never seen a pregnant women paper target ever used in any joint civil disturbance operations training with swat or other Agency's ........ I have been a part of and seen COB"S actors who play as pregnant women protecting a subject/target in a home entry training....

Range qualification targets... and military or swat home entry training targets/dummies/actors are two different animals......you are right your average officer p1/p2 is not going around shooting these type of targets I can see how my past posting gave that impression when I say police department all police impression was implied ..... I was revering to swat or special units in a departments that do home entry in training and must train in making split second decision from a home /building entry as for proof i have seen it with my own two eyes believe it or not I don't care. I do have some pictures of some joint civil disturbance operations training with target like the one in this thread were used but am getting permission first before i post them on a public forum....I stand by my comments and opinion saying its desensitization effects is over reaching on this type's of targets........:patriot:

Last edited:

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Update:
    I have talked to the company they stated they do have contracts to DHS and law enforcement.

I have took the time to look for any government spending with the name Ammoland for paper targets could not find any.............. most contracts I could find is with Law Enforcement Target Inc.

http://www.usaspending.gov/explore?frompage=contracts&tab=By%20Prime%20Awardee&contractorid=792861783&contractorname=LAW%20ENFORCEMENT%20TARGETS%20INC%20%20%20&frompage=contracts&comingfrom=searchresults&fiscal_year=all

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    From this company no ....from other targets with children and women old people with guns just like those posted yes....never seen a pregnant women paper target ever used in any joint civil disturbance operations training with swat or other Agency's ........ I have been a part of and seen COB"S actors who play as pregnant women protecting a subject/target in a home entry training....

Range qualification targets... and military or swat home entry training targets/dummies/actors are two different animals......you are right your average officer p1/p2 is not going around shooting these type of targets I can see how my past posting gave that impression when I say police department all police impression was implied ..... I was revering to swat or special units in a departments that do home entry in training and must train in making split second decision from a home /building entry as for proof i have seen it with my own two eyes believe it or not I don't care. I do have some pictures of some joint civil disturbance operations training with target like the one in this thread were used but am getting permission first before i post them on a public forum....I stand by my comments and opinion saying its desensitization effects is over reaching on this type's of targets........:patriot:

I'll be standing by for your proof.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Update:
    I have talked to the company they stated they do have contracts to DHS and law enforcement.

I have took the time to look for any government spending with the name Ammoland for paper targets could not find any.............. most contracts I could find is with Law Enforcement Target Inc.

http://www.usaspending.gov/explore?frompage=contracts&tab=By%20Prime%20Awardee&contractorid=792861783&contractorname=LAW%20ENFORCEMENT%20TARGETS%20INC%20%20%20&frompage=contracts&comingfrom=searchresults&fiscal_year=all

$5,400,000 in government targets. Impressive.

MaLfUnCtIoN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    It's still America those people can shoot at whatever target they choose. I shoot at the old standard bullseye, all the time reciting"Aim small miss small".

Top Bottom