• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Armed Las Vegas worker stopped likely mass shooter in his tracks but received little attention: expert​

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

Armed Las Vegas worker stopped likely mass shooter in his tracks but received little attention: expert​

Interesting:
    The armed security guard who thwarted the suspect told police he is not asked to carry a firearm while at work, but "chooses to do so on his own free will." The employee had the Smith & Wesson in a holster on his waist with additional ammunition on his person, according to the report.
    Also, another pistol v rifle event. The perpetrator’s rifle may have jammed.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I scooped @Alamo on a Texas DGU!

Texas man shoots, kills 2, allegedly defending himself at ATM: 'Robbery that didn't go well for robbers'

San Antonio police say that they believe the man acted in self defense when he shot and killed the attempted robbers

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    New York City

32 yo (who turns out to have a history with the police) confront 65 yo in alley next to parking garage in apparent robbery attempt. 65 yo draws revolver, 32 yo hesitates then continues advancing with something in his right hand on 65 yo. He gets real close as they advance off screen of the security camera. 65 yo shoots 32 yo several time in chest. 32 yo sprints away then collapses. 65 yo calls police.

Queens DA charging 65 year old with illegal possession of a weapon and illegal possession of a firearm, contemplating other charges.

More here:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    New York City

32 yo (who turns out to have a history with the police) confront 65 yo in alley next to parking garage in apparent robbery attempt. 65 yo draws revolver, 32 yo hesitates then continues advancing with something in his right hand on 65 yo. He gets real close as they advance off screen of the security camera. 65 yo shoots 32 yo several time in chest. 32 yo sprints away then collapses. 65 yo calls police.

Queens DA charging 65 year old with illegal possession of a weapon and illegal possession of a firearm, contemplating other charges.

More here:
    Welcome to NY. If you challenge criminals you will be prosecuted.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Oakland California

Burglars break into gram’s house at 2 AM. She grabs .357 magnum and fires a shot. Burglars fire back 17-20 times (!) nobody hit but the burglars left.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oakland California

Burglars break into gram’s house at 2 AM. She grabs .357 magnum and fires a shot. Burglars fire back 17-20 times (!) nobody hit but the burglars left.

75 year old woman, maybe a little less gun and a bit of practice and she might hit the next one. But you use what you got when you got it. It worked out.

zbloxzoid

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2023
    Terre Haute
    Interesting:

“…Security guard carried on his own will, even when asked not to.”

I work unarmed security but reasons like this is exactly why I carry. I work at a plant, but there are no shortage of druggies and bad relationships there. I have frequently been kicking out strung-out meth heads from the guardhouse when they ask for a job. Usually I tell them no and they leave but sometimes they persist there is a job opening, whether it’s true or not.

I am not losing my life or getting Hepatitis because I’m not HR and the meth head really needs a job for more meth. I’m not getting shot because x cheated on y with z. I’m not getting stabbed because A broke up with B and B is literally nuts.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

This one made national news. The address is Salem, but this is the Becks Mill area. A friend from high school lives about a mile away on the same road. Another friend from HS lives on the next road over.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Dallas Texas

Three armed ne’er-do-wells from Louisiana carjack a Dodge Challenger/Charger (I can’t tell the difference) in a Dallas parking lot. Driver exits vehicle, turns around and begins shooting at them. They shoot back and steal car anyway. Car recovered 2 miles away, and the car jackers were arrested in Shreveport Louisiana. None of them had any gunshot wounds, car-jacked driver was shot in the leg.

Plot twist: drive of car was undercover Dallas police officer on surveillance.

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    San Antonio Texas

Apartment-dwelling man sees someone trying to break into his car at 4am. AD-man goes out to confront thief, for some reason unarmed and with his girlfriend. Thief turns into robber-kidnapper, takes GF hostage at gunpoint, and demands AD-man go back inside to get car keys. AD-man goes inside, retrieves handgun, and shoots thief/robber/kidnapper from second floor balcony. Puts him in hospital in critical condition.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Louisville KY, about a month ago

Another “under-cover-cop-gets-(almost? maybe?)-carjacked” story with a much different outcome for balance.

21 yo “baby daddy” (watch vid) approaches a car holding a gun and wearing a mask. Car door is opened (police say kid opened it, kid’s dad’s lawyer say cop opened it) and cop inside, who is on stakeout for yet another person wanted for a previous shooting, nails baby daddy to the ground with several quick shots. BD dies at hospital.

Top Bottom