• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What's he going to do from 2026, when he is term limited as governor, until 2028 (if he doesn't want to have to get a real job)? There will be no senate elections until 2028 in FL after the one this year and running for a house seat would be seen as a demotion

Too bad he isn't on good terms with the next president

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What's he going to do from 2026, when he is term limited as governor, until 2028 (if he doesn't want to have to get a real job)? There will be no senate elections until 2028 in FL after the one this year and running for a house seat would be seen as a demotion

Too bad he isn't on good terms with the next president
    I thought they made nice after DeSantis dropped out and endorsed Trump. Did that not take? Was Trump's ass too dirty for it to stick?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I thought they made nice after DeSantis dropped out and endorsed Trump. Did that not take? Was Trump's ass too dirty for it to stick?
    If someone you worked with, who you actively helped get their job, later tried to get you fired so they could have your job, would you trust them again no matter how florid their praises?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Clearly they don't have legislation ... so it's another example of Biden just acting through executive fiat. ... same thing with the student loan bailout. ... it's a symptom of a larger problem of governing by executive fiat doing these executive orders through the bureaucracy when you can't get this done through Congress.

I'd love for SCOTUS to settle this once and for all. The executive branch has ignored congress and effectively enacts its own legislation through executive action, effectively biassing congress, and thwarting separation of powers. How this has not made it to SCOTUS seems more scandalous than anything. TPTB likes them some power when they're wielding it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Clearly they don't have legislation ... so it's another example of Biden just acting through executive fiat. ... same thing with the student loan bailout. ... it's a symptom of a larger problem of governing by executive fiat doing these executive orders through the bureaucracy when you can't get this done through Congress.

I'd love for SCOTUS to settle this once and for all. The executive branch has ignored congress and effectively enacts its own legislation through executive action, effectively biassing congress, and thwarting separation of powers. How this has not made it to SCOTUS seems more scandalous than anything. TPTB likes them some power when they're wielding it.
    I'd love for republicans, red states in particular, to ignore SCOTUS rulings. Give the democrats a taste of their own medicine. When the progressives figured out they could effectively amend the Constitution a generation or two ago by obtaining favorable court rulings, the republicans/conservatives fell into a trap. We believed if we could fix the courts we could fix the bad rulings. A few victories here and there were great. Overturning Roe, I never thought I'd see I'd live to see that. But the democrats keep pushing. They'll keep pushing to cancel student debt, no matter what courts say. Republicans, if they were serious about turning the tide, they'd realize getting overturning court orders is a half-measure.

We're beyond the Rubicon already. Maybe fighting fire with fire might help correct some of this.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'd love for republicans, red states in particular, to ignore SCOTUS rulings. Give the democrats a taste of their own medicine. When the progressives figured out they could effectively amend the Constitution a generation or two ago by obtaining favorable court rulings, the republicans/conservatives fell into a trap. We believed if we could fix the courts we could fix the bad rulings. A few victories here and there were great. Overturning Roe, I never thought I'd see I'd live to see that. But the democrats keep pushing. They'll keep pushing to cancel student debt, no matter what courts say. Republicans, if they were serious about turning the tide, they'd realize getting overturning court orders is a half-measure.

We're beyond the Rubicon already. Maybe fighting fire with fire might help correct some of this.
    First, I have to say that sounds at least a little "populist". :laugh:

Only the people who think in terms of America-first would even entertain the idea of nullification of rulings we know are bad for Americans. Texas figured it out and I think it will embolden other states to follow. Not just about illegal immigration, but other issues as well. Red states should ignore illegal EO's too.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    First, I have to say that sounds at least a little "populist". :laugh:

Only the people who think in terms of America-first would even entertain the idea of nullification of rulings we know are bad for Americans. Texas figured it out and I think it will embolden other states to follow. Not just about illegal immigration, but other issues as well. Red states should ignore illegal EO's too.
    How do they ignore EOs, when the EOs modify behavior of the Fed not States?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Only the people who think in terms of America-first would even entertain the idea of nullification of rulings we know are bad for Americans.
    Democrats are doing this in anti-gun states. Despite the clear test outlined in Bruen, they keep doing what they‘ve been doing. They believe that ruling is bad for Americans.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How do they ignore EOs, when the EOs modify behavior of the Fed not States?
    If the fed behavior required by the EO is to arrest people for unconstitutional **** like the bump stock ban I think the states could nullify that.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    How does it work on the southern border? :dunno:
    Huh? If you mean for illegals, that is the Federal Border Patrol. The lack of ability to enforce immigration law is why Texas passed their law that they are fighting about now.

A State can arrect someone for something state offense and then hand them over to the Feds for a Federal offense, or the Feds can enlist the aid of locals to go after someone. The locals could refuse to help there, like the sanctuary cities do.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Huh? If you mean for illegals, that is the Federal Border Patrol. The lack of ability to enforce immigration law is why Texas passed their law that they are fighting about now.

A State can arrect someone for something state offense and then hand them over to the Feds for a Federal offense, or the Feds can enlist the aid of locals to go after someone. The locals could refuse to help there, like the sanctuary cities do.
    C’mon man. You know better. Texas sent their national guard and many other states sent theirs, to put up razor wire, and defend the Southern border, because Biden is ordering border patrol essentially to stand down and let anyone in. It is the feds jurisdiction to enforce immigration law, but it’s not performing its constitutional duty. So Texas stepped in and said, **** you, we’ll do it ourselves. Same thing with gun rights sanctuary states that said they’d not cooperate with, and would arrest federal agents that tried to enforce unconstitutional laws.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    C’mon man. You know better. Texas sent their national guard and many other states sent theirs, to put up razor wire, and defend the Southern border, because Biden is ordering border patrol essentially to stand down and let anyone in. It is the feds jurisdiction to enforce immigration law, but it’s not performing its constitutional duty. So Texas stepped in and said, **** you, we’ll do it ourselves. Same thing with gun rights sanctuary states that said they’d not cooperate with, and would arrest federal agents that tried to enforce unconstitutional laws.
    What law did they enforce? The States cannot enforce Federal law.

Top Bottom