• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Again? Probably, but that would require robust election integrity. He had a net gain in voters.
    We’re past election integrity. Republicans need to learn how to exploit mail-in ballots. Now that they’re here, those states aren’t gonna give them up. I don’t think the courts are going to be helpful there. It’s just gonna be a lot harder for Republicans to ballot harvest. I think they’ll have to figure that out.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I excuse Trump. He was out of his depth. Most presidents would have been.

In hindsight his best move would have been to fire Fauci and just take the press heat from that. And hire someone sane but not in the pockets of big pharma to advise him.
    Trump’s had 2 years to figure out the shut downs and the vaxx’s were a mistake. For most of 2021 and all of 2022 he could have been distancing himself from those decisions. He has not. From what I have read he’s still embracing them. He sees them as a high point of his presidency.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Everyone ages differently. Biden is too old. Trump? I’m don’t think he’s deteriorating nearly at the same rate Biden is/has.
    Although I agree, in essence, to your points .... a medical downturn can cause a sudden, complete downturn in an older individual .... it happens very quickly.
    I've seen this time, and time again.

I dislike seeing a major fracture of the GOP, but it appears that a major one is on the horizon. Sigh.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump’s had 2 years to figure out the shut downs and the vaxx’s were a mistake. For most of 2021 and all of 2022 he could have been distancing himself from those decisions. He has not. From what I have read he’s still embracing them. He sees them as a high point of his presidency.
    If he still sees the vaccines as a high point of his presidency, yeah, that's a problem. I don't think you'll ever see him admit anything he did was a mistake, which is another negative about him.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Although I agree, in essence, to your points .... a medical downturn can cause a sudden, complete downturn in an older individual .... it happens very quickly.
    I've seen this time, and time again.

I dislike seeing a major fracture of the GOP, but it appears that a major one is on the horizon. Sigh.
    Yeah, I've seen it happen to relatives. When old people deteriorate it happens swiftly. Trump seems as quick witted as ever now. But 82 is quite old. Biden's mind is cooked. He's done. Who knows how much Trump has left.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe. On the other hand iron sharpens iron. Time will tell which will happen here.
    Iron sharpens iron, but if it comes to fabricating dirt, Idunno. I just think this could actually go in that direction. A primary election is supposed to be about determining which candidate should represent the party. It should not be about destroying each other, so that a weakened candidate faces the Democrat challenger in the general election.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Ran a large, successful business in a tough industry and a tough regulatory environment for 40 odd years while increasing its valuation considerably

What were DeSantis' accomplishments outside of elected office/government trough
    Trump \uInherited a large, successful business that someone else had built from the ground up. Had how many failed businesses? Trump steaks anyone. Maybe while riding first class on Trump air? Had to file bankruptcy multiple times. Had to be bailed out by daddy with an off the book loan. Decried off shoring jobs while importing clothing made in third world countries. Registered as a Repub (best that I can find) in 1987, then almost immediately begged Bush to pick him as a running mate. Bush declined the offer.

As for DeSantis' accomplishments outside of elected office/government trough. If he ran for President isn't that exactly what he would be running for? Why do you seem to discount what he has done in those positions? And I've never really heard of military service as being described as being at the govt trough, at least not by conservatives.

Yeah, I've seen it happen to relatives. When old people deteriorate it happens swiftly. Trump seems as quick witted as ever now. But 82 is quite old. Biden's mind is cooked. He's done. Who knows how much Trump has left.
    Yeah, my grandma was sharp as a tack up until the day she died in her late 80s, my great aunt, her sister on the other hand went downhill quick.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    He managed the **** out of Florida’s issues. If you have a specific complaint backed by something real, I’m willing to listen. Just raising an unsubstantiated question isn’t worth people’s time.
    My god, what is unsubstantiated in my post? Did he not go to Yale? Harvard? Did CFG not support him? We can’t even ask questions about the guy?
    A lot to learn about Desantis. Who are his financial backers? Club For Growth and other globalists? Is really conservative or a product of his Yale and Harvard educations? Is he the real deal or playing a part?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My god, what is unsubstantiated in my post? Did he not go to Yale? Harvard? Did CFG not support him? We can’t even ask questions about the guy?
    Your god what? Club for growth is a chamber-o-commerce Republican kind of organization. Basically ****ing neocons. But. It doesn't look to me like DeSantis ran Florida like a chamber-o-commerce Republican would. He didn't run Florida like Holcomb ran Indiana, for example. Holcomb is the poster boy for chamber-o-commerce Republicanism.

Now maybe this was DeSantis's evil plan all along to get America-first, freedom loving people to trust him. And then at the last moment he'll play Lucy and pull the football away. Maybe he's an alien from Zorcon. We'll wait for something more solid than having an org neither of us likes give him money. right? Or if you're in the cult, Idunno. It'll be what it is.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nah, sorry. Trump is still the man for sure.
    Well, that's an opinion. You're entitled to yours. And maybe he will be. Maybe not. Either way, I don't think Trump can win the general, and I don't think DeSantis will win the general. Not unless Republicans learn how to play the hand they have and figure out how to make mail in ballots work for them. They'll have to do ballot harvesting too.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's like I said elsewhere. If there are exploits in election systems that are available to both parties, it's all fair. But Republicans don't have the same advantage as democrats with ballot harvesting, because it's way more effective to do it in urban districts where a large majority of the constituents are in densely populated areas. Blue haired lady comes to your door. Hey, you registered to vote? Nah. I don't care about that stuff. I just want to play CoD. Hey, I can get you registered. Nah, I gotta get back to my game. Oh, well you know if Republicans win they're gonna ban video games. Really? Yeah. You better vote. Tell you what. Lets get you registered, and I can even fill out your ballot for you while you're gaming. All you have to do is sign it. I'll even deliver it for you. Uh. Okay.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    It's like I said elsewhere. If there are exploits in election systems that are available to both parties, it's all fair. But Republicans don't have the same advantage as democrats with ballot harvesting, because it's way more effective to do it in urban districts where a large majority of the constituents are in densely populated areas. Blue haired lady comes to your door. Hey, you registered to vote? Nah. I don't care about that stuff. I just want to play CoD. Hey, I can get you registered. Nah, I gotta get back to my game. Oh, well you know if Republicans win they're gonna ban video games. Really? Yeah. You better vote. Tell you what. Lets get you registered, and I can even fill out your ballot for you while you're gaming. All you have to do is sign it. I'll even deliver it for you. Uh. Okay.
    That's pretty much how it goes.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well, that's an opinion. You're entitled to yours. And maybe he will be. Maybe not. Either way, I don't think Trump can win the general, and I don't think DeSantis will win the general. Not unless Republicans learn how to play the hand they have and figure out how to make mail in ballots work for them. They'll have to do ballot harvesting too.
    So it’s Jeb! then?

;)

Top Bottom