• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Desantis whether he is as being portrayed, or is the marionette at the end of the strings, is TBD. But he can't manage the country the way he's managed Florida. He won't have the same authority. That prosecuter he ****canned? POTUS can't do that. Disney getting generational bene's and tax dollars yanked because they promote child molestation? POTUS can't do that. Secure the Amercan border from unending invasion? I doubt he even agrees to that, regardless of the fact he shipped illegal aliens from TX to the northeast. Maybe he is what is being portrayed, but my belief in that is TBD. Oh, Jeb! endorses him. So does Paul Ryan (who recently crawled out from under a rock). I think I'll wait to judge him after he stakes his (national) position and identifies his teamates. And if he is actually as is being portrayed, he faces the same headwinds Trump faced; bogus elections, bogus accusations, bogus impeachments. I'm not convinced he can accomplish what Trump did under those conditions. And if he isn't faced with those same vitriolic, bogus attacks then he isn't MAGA. Time will tell the tale of Ronny D.'s true political self.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Desantis whether he is as being portrayed, or is the marionette at the end of the strings, is TBD. But he can't manage the country the way he's managed Florida. He won't have the same authority. That prosecuter he ****canned? POTUS can't do that. Disney getting generational bene's and tax dollars yanked because they promote child molestation? POTUS can't do that. Secure the Amercan border from unending invasion? I doubt he even agrees to that, regardless of the fact he shipped illegal aliens from TX to the northeast. Maybe he is what is being portrayed, but my belief in that is TBD. Oh, Jeb! endorses him. So does Paul Ryan (who recently crawled out from under a rock). I think I'll wait to judge him after he stakes his (national) position and identifies his teamates. And if he is actually as is being portrayed, he faces the same headwinds Trump faced; bogus elections, bogus accusations, bogus impeachments. I'm not convinced he can accomplish what Trump did under those conditions. And if he isn't faced with those same vitriolic, bogus attacks then he isn't MAGA. Time will tell the tale of Ronny D.'s true political self.
    This is reasonable.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Somehow this doesn't sound like 'Why not consider each potential candidate in totality'. I'm not sure I'm the one who brought timeline distinctions into it

And I sort of thought my #9 was already comparing accomplishnents after election, so what haven't I covered? Wharton vs Yale and Haavard? Served as legal advisor to seals in the Navy vs did not serve? Went in to politics right out of the service holding no real world job vs taking over complicated multi-million family business and running it successfully for decades? Republican from '71 I believe until '97, Reform party from '97 to '99, Democrat during the 'W' years and then
    Republican ever since vs always a Republican? Protege of Club for Growth vs self-made man?
    My post was a response not one made to stand alone.

The need to be considered successful outside of politics before entering politics is a distinction that has no relevance for consideration of future results.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I wish wash on whether I'd rather have Trump or DeSantis.

Then I stop and remember that 2017 to 2019 was some of the best years of my life. I remember the peaceful international climate where our president walked unafraid into North Korea. I remember the leftists losing their minds as every slight they tried to bring against the common people failed miserably.

Then I know, I should trust what I know.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How many states are there (denominator)? How many state's problems has DeSantis 'managed the **** out of' (numerator)

Do the math
    Why are you so bad at math? Why do you think what is done at the national level is 50 times a state? Could be more . Could be less. Or that what is done in one state is the same as all states? Maybe there are more things a governor can get accomplished in Florida compared to, say, Rhode Island?

Of Course DeSantis needs to make the case he can lead at the national level.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Are you quite certain?
    Some people who’ve been successful in one arena aren’t successful in others. It’s why DeSantis needs to make the case he can be as successful at the national level. Given his demonstrated abilities, it’s likely he can. There are still legitimate questions though. We’ll see.

Reactions: oze

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Why are you so bad at math? Why do you think what is done at the national level is 50 times a state? Could be more . Could be less. Or that what is done in one state is the same as all states? Maybe there are more things a governor can get accomplished in Florida compared to, say, Rhode Island?

Of Course DeSantis needs to make the case he can lead at the national level.
    DeSantis 'managed the **** out of' one state

Trump 'managed the **** out of' 50 states, that alone should be good for the 50x multiplier because they are all different problems, but if you really want to go there he was managing the rest of the ****ing world at the same time - and it all turned out really well. So 50x is a conservative estimate

Beginners luck, I guess

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    DeSantis 'managed the **** out of' one state

Trump 'managed the **** out of' 50 states, that alone should be good for the 50x multiplier because they are all different problems, but if you really want to go there he was managing the rest of the ****ing world at the same time - and it all turned out really well. So 50x is a conservative estimate

Beginners luck, I guess
    Well I wouldn’t say managed the **** out of 50 states. He did alright. But it wasn’t 50 states he managed. Powers are shared. The federal government doesn’t manage the states. The states’ governors do that. The federal government manages the nation as a whole. Except for the unconstitutional usurped power gathered over the past 150 years or so.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump shut down all 50 states and paved the way for a dangerous, experimental drug to be unleashed on (and for many-forced on) all 50 states.

Having ”success” against all 50 states isn’t necessarily something to brag about.
    Yeah, that’s one of the things Trump did not manage well. And it’s possible that DeSantis didn’t really give a **** about keeping FL open, but did so as a resume builder. Maybe it was pandering. But there isn’t evidence of that. I’ll take him at his word until his word proves untrustworthy.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    I have my issues with Trump but agree he took a lot of innovative and overdue actions. Some I damn near stood and cheered for.
    He created problems that have turned off a huge swath of voters and that tendency is getting worse. Old Joe is 79 today. Trump will be 82 at the end of the next term. That's too old. In total I don't think he's electable. Perhaps I'm wrong.

DeSantis will need to sell himself (but I won't believe half of what he says anyway). Regardless he may be the best bet. We'll see who else has the chops. Frankly the candidate mostly likely to align with my beliefs will be the Libertarian.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yeah, that’s one of the things Trump did not manage well. And it’s possible that DeSantis didn’t really give a **** about keeping FL open, but did so as a resume builder. Maybe it was pandering. But there isn’t evidence of that. I’ll take him at his word until his word proves untrustworthy.
    I would let this drop if Trump would admit it was a mistake. Desantis did. It is a reasonable argument that had it not been for Desantis the covid tyranny would have lasted much longer and been worse than it was.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I have my issues with Trump but agree he took a lot of innovative and overdue actions. Some I damn near stood and cheered for.
    He created problems that have turned off a huge swath of voters and that tendency is getting worse. Old Joe is 79 today. Trump will be 82 at the end of the next term. That's too old. In total I don't think he's electable. Perhaps I'm wrong.
    Everyone ages differently. Biden is too old. Trump? I’m don’t think he’s deteriorating nearly at the same rate Biden is/has.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A problem with Trump’s electability is that he does not appeal to a wide variety of voters. Democrats put Trump on the ballot in all the purple districts. And tjat was a successful tactic. He mostly lost the diverse districts. In maga country the Trump endorsed candidates did very well. Can he win the swing states?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I would let this drop if Trump would admit it was a mistake. Desantis did. It is a reasonable argument that had it not been for Desantis the covid tyranny would have lasted much longer and been worse than it was.
    I excuse Trump. He was out of his depth. Most presidents would have been.

In hindsight his best move would have been to fire Fauci and just take the press heat from that. And hire someone sane but not in the pockets of big pharma to advise him.

And another fault of Trump as I think about it is that he didn’t use the bully pulpit to expose lies as much as he used it to bully political enemies. I think the former would have helped him broaden his tent.

If the press edits a video to make him sound racist, get on TV and play the full video. Show where they edited it, and show what he actually said. Every time they do it. Do it. Expose them.

Top Bottom