• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Whenever I hear someone say they trust the jury system because surely the people will keep and open mind and dispassionately consider all the evidence presented by both sides before reaching a conclusion....it induces a spit take.

This is just one more INGO thread that reinforces my reaction.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I think it's a mistake to assume that because one has an opinion based on the evidence available, that opinion will not change if new evidence is introduced.

Based on the video available, I think he was trying to discipline that boy and did not have the training or the understanding to do so. He also appears to have broken the law.

Is that an unreasonable conclusion based on the evidence at hand?

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    I'm sorry I just turned 38 and remember elementary school up through highschool, Mr. Carter my Elementary school principal, had a 3 strike policy first time in the office you got talked to about appropriate behavior, second time scolded, third time the paddle came out and yes the type with holes 3/4 inch apart. Now my dad on the other hand if I came home with a note from the teacher or principal the belt came off. Only 3 times in my school career did I misbehave. Nothing after that. Still remember the last one. Ass was still sore from the principals paddle with holes. Then my dad with the belt. Couldn't sit for 4 days, took an other 4 days after that for the soreness to wear off. After that I was an exemplary student for the rest of my school career

So I guess i fail to see how restraining a child is a big deal. The kids was probably being unruly and needed it.

Last edited:

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    We aren't allowed to use cuffs or leg shackles as a means of punishment or reprisal. That is public information. IDOC...
    I'm pretty sure that an 8 year old at school being shackled, that is criminal confinement. If the SRO is in charge of Corporal Punishment, we have lost our way. The Principal should be in charge of administering discipline and that person alone.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I really don't think he felt threatened. I doubt he'll even take that position. I think he follows the same line of thinking demonstrated in this thread, that there's nothing wrong with these kids that a firm hand won't cure - might as well be him, right?

Hell, the kid has PTSD. Whatever happened to him to cause that, I doubt that being handcuffed and rendered helpless by a strange man was helpful to his mental state.

As you said earlier, you wouldn't trust them to teach your kids let alone discipline them, and I cannot disagree with that.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Whatever!
    Special needs? My ass.
    They say whatever works for them. ACLU is now mad......good. Means someone is doing something right. :yesway:
    I like the good old days when teachers could beat the snot out of brats in the classroom or the dean's office.

You guys need to find a less bias source. "Police State USA" - Really?

Special needs exactly ! This brat specially needs a good ole fashioned ass whippin .

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    He should have Tazed that whiney-ass little *****. That kid is the generation Millenials will grow to hate.

Sorry, I don't spend much time in he politics threads... Did I do that right?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    BADWOLF said:
    I'm sorry I just turned 38 and remember elementary school up through highschool, Mr. Carter my Elementary school principal, had a 3 strike policy first time in the office you got talked to about appropriate behavior, second time scolded, third time the paddle came out and yes the type with holes 3/4 inch apart. Now my dad on the other hand if I came home with a note from the teacher or principal the belt came off. Only 3 times in my school career did I misbehave. Nothing after that. Still remember the last one. Ass was still sore from the principals paddle with holes. Then my dad with the belt. Couldn't sit for 4 days, took an other 4 days after that for the soreness to wear off. After that I was an exemplary student for the rest of my school career

Since we're telling stories, I never got beat in school or by my parents and never got in trouble either.

I wonder if there's more to it.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Agreed. These kids were getting exactly what they needed, probably for the first time in their lives. ADHD? Nonsense. A manufactured "illness" that a good belt will cure 100% of the time. I'm so very tired of the whining liberals and media who have destroyed parents and school's ability to properly discipline kids.

True ADHD is real. Now there are teachers who push to medicate children who are bored and act out. I was one. I got bored because the lessons were too easy, had I been this way many teachers now would medicate me. I have worked in special needs classrooms and seen both sides of the coin. A kid who is truly ADHD is VERY VERY hard to entertain, and it is often associated with aspergers or another autism spectrum disorder.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    This video REALLY irritates me. You restrain any kid like that, and I will be mopping the floor with you. He is little, and disabled.

I'm a nurse. I cannot tie you up if you hit me when I'm working. I cannot inject medicine in you to "snow" you or knock you out. I can't do anything unless you are going to try to cause severe harm to someone else.

This deputy needs to have his badge stripped. The kid looks like he has autism, and based on his movements and the way he is crying, whatever set him off, they created MORE sensory overload by doing this. The kid is traumatized by overstimulation, let's just do some more.

I am sincerely genuinely disgusted, and my blood is boiling. Special needs kids require special people to care for them. This child's caregiver is not special, and doesn't understand what harm they are actually doing to them. If he's autistic, they may have just ruined communication with the kid completely :(

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Double T said:
    This deputy needs to have his badge stripped. The kid looks like he has autism, and based on his movements and the way he is crying, whatever set him off, they created MORE sensory overload by doing this. The kid is traumatized by overstimulation, let's just do some more.

I'm glad someone else sees what I see when they watch this.

Notice the repetitive stomping of his feet, and the repetitive way he cries? This isn't a tantrum and he's not 'kicking'. In my opinion, this is a kid whose brain literally cannot process what he is experiencing right now and cannot fathom why this large uniformed man is doing this to him. He is probably having compulsions to do similar repetitive motions with his arms right now and it causes him severe distress that he is unable to do that, because it is how he copes with the sensory overloads such as this.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Whenever I hear someone say they trust the jury system because surely the people will keep and open mind and dispassionately consider all the evidence presented by both sides before reaching a conclusion....it induces a spit take.

This is just one more INGO thread that reinforces my reaction.

Government of the people, by the people and for the people seems like a good idea, until you meet the people.

Then you wonder about the "by" part.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    The ignorance displayed here is astonishing.

ADHD is quite real. Discipline does not 'cure' it.

The poor kid was also diagnosed with PTSD, too. Should we discuss what sort of life events occur for an 8-year old to result in such a diagnosis? Do you think you guys could conjure up any sort of human empathy if we did have that discussion?

ETA: Here's some science: Brain Studies Show ADHD Is Real Disease - ABC News

I saw an interview with a college student who was diagnosed with "post traumatic stress disorder" because he was "sad" he was away from home and attending school. This below average student couldn't get any help with school expenses. However, once he was diagnosed with PTSD he got a full ride scholarship.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    My wife is a special needs teacher and it is not a good restraint and will lead to lawsuits and injuries. There are special holds that special needs teachers and administrators are taught that will subdue a child. Being restrained like that is painful and has been used on POW's and will only cause a child with mental or emotional disabilities to become more agitated.

While listening to the child and watching his movements I believe there may be other disabilities other than ADHD and PTSD.

This may be a child that is otherwise a well behaved child but didn't get his medication or get it on time. Yes not getting your meds at the same time everyday will cause problems for people with emotional and mental disabilities.
    Problem is that the ones specially TRAINED to deal with these situations call those who are NOT to handle them. I see it all the time, "out of control kid" "out of control adult at group home" etc. People are lightning quick to pass the liability on to us...gee thanks.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    This video REALLY irritates me. You restrain any kid like that, and I will be mopping the floor with you. He is little, and disabled.

I'm a nurse. I cannot tie you up if you hit me when I'm working. I cannot inject medicine in you to "snow" you or knock you out. I can't do anything unless you are going to try to cause severe harm to someone else.

I am sincerely genuinely disgusted, and my blood is boiling. Special needs kids require special people to care for them. This child's caregiver is not special, and doesn't understand what harm they are actually doing to them. If he's autistic, they may have just ruined communication with the kid completely :(
    Before you STRIP the badge away, you may want to look at the training the department has given its employees in how to deal with such incidents. Likely none. The burden falls back onto the department, it becomes a case of "failure to train".

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    There is nothing about that video or the child's behavior that would lead me to believe that he has anything other than a ADHD. To me he is crying and sobbing like any 8 year old would if they were being punished. So if anything medicate the little rugrat so that when he's in class he can just stare off into nowhere with little bit of drool coming out of the side of his mouth. And you won't have any more problems.

Top Bottom