• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Use of THC to treat a specific problem is one thing.
    Normalizing the use of marijuana to anesthetize the plebes to the state of the nation so they'll keep electing progressives is something else.
    Increasing the use of "weed" (as it is called on the news) is a political strategy.
    It's only a political strategy because it was politicized to gain favor for banning it. It wasn't political for thousands of years until "we" made it so.

Your beliefs about marijuana are ignorant. Not intending to offend you but you've been lied to. My son earned himself a spot at Purdue then earned his bachelor's degree in electronic and computer engineering. Used marijuana the entire time, every single day. Graduated and has held a few good jobs now as he gets calls from head hunters regularly, still uses marijuana. He's far from alone.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Just imagine what might happen if Trump made removing weed/thc from schedule 1 as a campaign promise/goal.
    He wouldn't even necessarily have to legalize it.

He'd gain voters and cause heads to explode at the same time.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We're up to 38 states now with medical allowance, 24 with recreational. If marijuana were half the "problem" its purported to be we'd know it. Somehow life continues to go on in those states and millions of Americans manage to use it responsibly and for a variety of reasons. The "there will be blood in the streets" claims are falling short, just as they did when the assault weapon ban sunsetted.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Use of THC to treat a specific problem is one thing.
    Normalizing the use of marijuana to anesthetize the plebes to the state of the nation so they'll keep electing progressives is something else.
    Increasing the use of "weed" (as it is called on the news) is a political strategy.
    That's quite a take. I'll have to know those I know that partake that they are actually progressives. I'm sure they will be surprised by that knowledge.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    There still needs to be a set time limit though. Otherwise someone against the bill will say they never got the time to read it. Thus damning it.

I like the idea of wording the bill with sensible speech. Get it out there in a simple way so that people can not only understand it but they can have time to ponder the yay or nay.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    The older I get the more of a Libertarian I become. Don't use MJ but thoroughly believe we should be able to do whatever we want. Guns/drugs/alcohol with no restrictions. HOWEVER, we should be held responsible to the outcome of our behavior. Lying OD'd on the street? Well, bye. Family in the dumps because of your behavior? You should be responsible.

Therein is the problem. We rarely hold people to any standard.

My $.02.

Don

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I thought this was pretty well done for the most part and thought provoking. I believe the gentleman on the right is more concerned with capitalism than cannabis but good points were made on both sides.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Derbster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Lawrenceburg
    I know I didn’t read all 59 pages of this but could it create another revenue stream for small time farmers with off seasons?
    I’m also on the side of it’s never stopped anyone from doing it because it’s illegal. That’s like saying Gun control keeps guns out of criminals hands.

Top Bottom