Democrats have lost their majority in the Senate (for now)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Can he grant some his proxy to vote for him? AOC implied she had done that awhile back when she was vacationing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I didn't realize this, but a democrat senator from New Mexico had a stroke last week and is expected to be out of action for at least 4-6 weeks. That gives Senate republicans a slim 50-49 majority for now.

It could have a pretty big impact on Slow Joe's ability to get a new Supreme Court nominee confirmed, among other things.

Nah. Too many Dick Lugar’s in the Senate.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So it sounds like we are all in agreement. There will be no impeachment because of the wimpy Republicans in the Senate not using this opportunity.
    There can’t be an impeachment just because Republicans have a temporary majority. First, they have a majority in voting power. Will Mitch McConnell even become temporary majority leader? I don’t think so.

But in terms of impeachment, only the House can bring articles of impeachment. That’s not gonna work with a Democrat led House.

It’s only a temporary majority. Managing expectations seems in order here. About the only thing Republicans can accomplish that’s any different during this time is having the voting power to vote down the legislative actions that don’t require cloture. So that’s pretty much limited to reconciliation and appointments. They can vote down bat **** crazy budgetary ******** the House passes, for example. And they can vote down nominees.

Unless Republicans get the gavel don’t expect much of anything.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    There can’t be an impeachment just because Republicans have a temporary majority. First, they have a majority in voting power. Will Mitch McConnell even become temporary majority leader? I don’t think so.

But in terms of impeachment, only the House can bring articles of impeachment. That’s not gonna work with a Democrat led House.

It’s only a temporary majority. Managing expectations seems in order here. About the only thing Republicans can accomplish that’s any different during this time is having the voting power to vote down the legislative actions that don’t require cloture. So that’s pretty much limited to reconciliation and appointments. They can vote down bat **** crazy budgetary ******** the House passes, for example. And they can vote down nominees.

When it comes to Republicans with gavels, I've learned over the years to not expect much of anything.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

I am glad you are in agreement.

Top Bottom