• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    We both support strong gun rights. It isn't a democrat or republican issue per se. What I object to is the constant pejorative fever foisted on almost any democrat thread by "the usual suspects". There are what...30,000 members of this website, yet we get the same dozen or less members spouting their view of conservatism, wrapping themselves in the Constitution as if they are the progeny of the founders or scholars, which I highly doubt.

This thread began calling democrats "evil". Another poster characterised any democrat as a "traitor" and "unpatriotic". That is beyond the pale. As a disabled veteran who served in the 60's and 70's with an honorable discharge, I object to that characterization in the strongest of terms.

As to Reagan, he supported, along with Ford, the Assault Weapons Ban. That is in the record. Along with his strong support and signature on the Mulford Act. So your estimation of what Reagan would do today has no history to support it.

As to how I vote, we still have a secret ballot. But, I have been voting since 1972 and I can say that I have voted for a republican presidential candidate in 7 out of 10 elections.

IOW, you're a lifelong Dem, butthurt when others point out that the modern Dem party has gone almost uniformly anti-gun.
    Own it, bub.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Hillary is no more going to ban firearms than Trump is going to actually build a wall.

Its all foolish rhetoric.

Whistling in the dark again.
    If that's what it takes to keep your pang of conscience away when you pull the lever for Hillary, that's what you need to do then.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Democratic millionaires and billionaires laughing all the way to the bank while their mindless followers keep thinking they have their best interest in mind. Hatred and oppression are just their way of life. They are really good at deflecting blame with jingoism though.
    :rockwoot:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Republicans (in general) used to be more in favor of gun control...and Democrats (in general) used to be more pro-gun. The parties have shifted, again in general. Republicans have shifted more in the pro-gun direction. Democrats have shifted more anti. There are many people who are living in the past, and don't want to accept this. They've grown accustomed to a certain set of economic policies, and don't want to admit that their favorite party on economics has shifted a lot on the gun issue.

If you continue to support the Democratic party today, based on what the relative difference between the parties on gun control was in the 1970s, you have your head in the sand. Btch all you want about it, but you're not convincing anybody here. Not when the next Democratic nominee is out there, disingenuously suggesting the Australian buyback system was somehow voluntary, and could be a valid model for implementing something similar in America.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Democrats need to resort to gun control because their urban social ideologies have failed them.

****in' A

Fools voting for the dems WHO VOW to take on the 2nd Amendment and appoint judges to do the same.........
    don't ***** when you get your way and they come to take another Amendment you apparently hold more dear.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We both support strong gun rights. It isn't a democrat or republican issue per se. What I object to is the constant pejorative fever foisted on almost any democrat thread by "the usual suspects". There are what...30,000 members of this website, yet we get the same dozen or less members spouting their view of conservatism, wrapping themselves in the Constitution as if they are the progeny of the founders or scholars, which I highly doubt.

This thread began calling democrats "evil". Another poster characterised any democrat as a "traitor" and "unpatriotic". That is beyond the pale. As a disabled veteran who served in the 60's and 70's with an honorable discharge, I object to that characterization in the strongest of terms.

As to Reagan, he supported, along with Ford, the Assault Weapons Ban. That is in the record. Along with his strong support and signature on the Mulford Act. So your estimation of what Reagan would do today has no history to support it.

As to how I vote, we still have a secret ballot. But, I have been voting since 1972 and I can say that I have voted for a republican presidential candidate in 7 out of 10 elections.

The tone and direction of this thread is troubling. And I don't want to contribute to it getting more testy. I just want to comment on the text I highlighted.

Yes, there are some democrats who own guns and advocate for gun rights. But they are a small portion of democrats. As I pointed out in another thread, Democratic candidates now feel bold enough about this issue that they embrace being the party of gun control. It's part of their platform. And, with the exception of Web, all their presidential candidates are falling over themselves to outdo each others' bad NRA rating. It's as epidemic in the democratic party as it is with Republicans falling over themselves to support "The Wall".

And if the representation of gun owning democrats is such a great portion of the party, that it isn't a democrat or republican issue, per se, why then are they not holding their party's feet to the fire? Republicans gun owners do. It's why Republicans all have to at least pretend that they support gun rights. Democrats certainly can't say that. The Democratic Party is now the official party of gun control.

That said, we're probably in deep ****, because, even though the Republican base are staunch gun rights proponents, the candidates themselves just say it because they need the base. Democrats are on a mission, they are organized and pissed and supported by the press. Republicans still play their stupid games to stay in office perpetually and if they think being against gun rights will keep them there, they'll turn on us.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Hillary is no more going to ban firearms than Trump is going to actually build a wall.

Its all foolish rhetoric.

Respectfully sir - was the part about "fixing" healthcare, just "foolish rhetoric", as well?

Obama has "fixed" health care in the same manner that I "fixed" my cat. I think I need to believe what they say and take them at their word.

And vote accordingly.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    IOW, you're a lifelong Dem, butthurt when others point out that the modern Dem party has gone almost uniformly anti-gun.
    Own it, bub.

I've been waiting for the republicans in their majority to do something in Congress to prove to me and others that they can move the country in "the right direction". They have done nothing....except show how dysfunctional they are. Boehner resigning in frustration. No likely replacement for the 2nd in line to the president. McConnell a doddering old fool who couldn't run a Boy Scout troop.

Butt hurt? The embarrassing butt hurt is you guys who continue to elect fools and dunderheads who can't hit their ass with both hands.

"Reagan would do this...." Ummm no he wouldn't...not consistent with past actions. "I don't want to talk about Reagan". You guys are a laugh a minute. I'd be rolling on the floor squirting coffee out of my nose if it wasn't so sad.

Last edited:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I've been waiting for the republicans in their majority to do something in Congress to prove to me and others that they can move the country in "the right direction". They have done nothing....except show how dysfunctional they are. Boehner resigning in frustration. No likely replacement for the 2nd in line to the president. McConnell a doddering old fool who couldn't run a Boy Scout troop.

Butt hurt? The embarrassing butt hurt is you guys who continue to elect fools and dunderheads who can't hit their ass with both hands.

"Reagan would do this...." Ummm no he wouldn't...not consistent with past actions. "I don't want to talk about Reagan". You guys are a laugh a minute. I'd be rolling on the floor squirting coffee out of my nose if it wasn't so sad.

You can lecture me about how "dysfunctional" the Republicans are (actually, the establishment, specifically Boehner and McConnell are genuinely guilty of that) right after you own up to your precious president, who has systematically and successfully moved as quickly as possible to socialize this country into a western European style welfare state.
    ...or how he has reduced our foreign policy into nothing more than unilateral surrender.
    OWN IT.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The "Oh yah? So's your old man!" childhood arguments don't work Pink. I wouldn't give a republican the ability to order lunch for me off a Chinese menu. He'd screw it up.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    The "Oh yah? So's your old man!" childhood arguments don't work Pink. I wouldn't give a republican the ability to order lunch for me off a Chinese menu. He'd screw it up.

So I guess when the Dems are in power we live in a perfect world. I do give you an "A" for spunk in trying to influence the majority of folks on this forum. In reality you reinforce that which we have come to expect from the left.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    images
    images

We have a gun fetish in this country. One single shot pistol per family. Problem solved. Next?
    p.s. Mets beat Cubbies...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    images
    images

We have a gun fetish in this country. One single shot pistol per family. Problem solved. Next?
    p.s. Mets beat Cubbies...

No. We don't have a gun fetish in this country. That sentiment is collectivist thinking. The opinions about guns in America are quite diverse, but I will acknowledge that the more we're pushed and manipulated by two political opposites, the more we converge to one side or the other.

If everyone minded their own business, there'd be no discussion about gun control. There would be no sides. It's not anyone's business how many or what kind of guns I have or don't have. It only becomes someone's business when I use it for harm.

So. Stop giving a ****. Problem solved. Next?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No. We don't have a gun fetish in this country. That sentiment is collectivist thinking. The opinions about guns in America are quite diverse, but I will acknowledge that the more we're pushed and manipulated by two political opposites, the more we converge to one side or the other.

If everyone minded their own business, there'd be no discussion about gun control. There would be no sides. It's not anyone's business how many or what kind of guns I have or don't have. It only becomes someone's business when I use it for harm.

So. Stop giving a ****. Problem solved. Next?

You'd think the crowd that wants people and the government to stay out of their bedrooms would, themselves, just stay out of other peoples' gun safes and reloading rooms.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Just don't lie to us about believing in gun rights. You don't. You throw them away with every election.

And you know it.

Top Bottom