• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Was laughing in the truck yesterday as I literally pushed one button, a single time, to move it forward one hour. I broke into a sweat on that one. There is nothing I own that is remotely difficult to change the time on. The only thing that comes to mind are the digital timers and years ago I set them so they work year round without changing.
    Yup, one button fixes the truck and car clocks. More and more the newer clocks I have in the house change themselves. Probably newer vehicles too but I'm not about to buy a new vehicle for that though.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    It‘s a beautiful morning…
    Sure, but so was yesterday. Sunrise only changed by what, like, a minute?

You know, changing all those schedules while twisting the clocks by an hour didn't alter the time/space continuum, right? :@ya:

Five years from now it will still be the same as today and I’ll bet you a cheeseburger it is*...
    Sammiches? Really? You guys are literally arguing for sammiches?

So
    proud! :)

Was laughing in the truck yesterday as I literally pushed one button, a single time, to move it forward one hour. I broke into a sweat on that one...

Yep, I did that too ...years ago ...just because it was easy.

That's how it starts...

No way I'd push it 11 more times in the fall just to pretend you all aren't switching all those schedules around again for no good reason.

Nope, reason must prevail! The will of the people must prevail! It's time to set it and forget it! :patriot:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Same as it does every time, throws off my sleep rhythm. Had a terrible nights sleep. Ususally takes me about 3-4 days to get back into the cycle.

As far as changing clocks the wifes car is the easiest. Went into the setting on the nav screen and pushed "DST" toggle. Now it automatically changes.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Was laughing in the truck yesterday as I literally pushed one button, a single time, to move it forward one hour. I broke into a sweat on that one. There is nothing I own that is remotely difficult to change the time on. The only thing that comes to mind are the digital timers and years ago I set them so they work year round without changing.
    In the late 20th century, there will be this thing called "GPS" that somehow knows how and when to change the clock in your vehicle automagically.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Reductio ad absurdum doesn't change that logical fallacy is being employed. In fact, it further demonstrates your dismissiveness toward those with whom you disagree on this particular matter. And it still constitutes a straw man.
    It’s not an argument. It's not even serious. It can’t be a straw man. I get to not care.

And absolutely I am dismissing your preference as something I don’t care about. I wholeheartedly admit that I don’t care. I admit that I like what I like. I care about what I care about. I like daylight on the other end of my work schedule. I don't like clock-flipping. I thought I had made that abundantly clear. I didn’t think it would be controversial for me to not care that you like it the other way.

I don’t see you telling me how much you care for my preference. Should I be upset? I mean. C'mon. Neither of us can control it unless you do what ATM does and just keep your own time however you want it. All we can do is argue on the internet, and hopefully have some fun with a topic we can't really control.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It‘s a beautiful morning…
    I have to admit. I woke up about 47 minutes later than normal. But, that's kinda normal for that to happen with the time change. I'll be readjusted by weekend. But I still get to hate clock-flipping. It's a process that Satan invented. Or Wicca's. Maybe the same thing. I dunno.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think some people are more sensitive to it than others.

Yes. I'm still having a hard time caring. I care more about the clock-flipping.

Had a family birthday party to go to yesterday and most of the people were running behind, due to DST. Dogs and husband were grouchy. I'm going to blame that on DST too, because i hate it.
    Everyone gets used to the changed time schedules. Eventually. So it's not DST per se. Again, it's the clock-flipping. I think it would be okay to arrest clock-flipper proponents.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I'm looking forward to it! (falling back)
    According to my unpublished observations and a thorough study of an obsolete Chevrolet truck manual, it is approximately eleven times harder to "fall back" than it is to "spring forward".
    This is not because of the detrimental effects on the mating rituals of the stickleback minnows but rather on the cumulative amount of physical labor required with the button.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Going to bed at 8 p.m., I get no benefit whatsoever from DST. Change my mind.
    I don't care. I don't think you care that I don't care. And I'm not sure I care about that either. And not that you should care, but I think I'll be accustomed to the time change soon. And then I will have forgotten (therefore not caring) about clock flipping until someone reminds me in this thread in the fall, that we're falling back to dark times. But you probably don't care.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    According to my unpublished observations and a thorough study of an obsolete Chevrolet truck manual, it is approximately eleven times harder to "fall back" than it is to "spring forward".
    This is not because of the detrimental effects on the mating rituals of the stickleback minnows but rather on the cumulative amount of physical labor required with the button.
    Most of my clocks are analog, so it's one revolution either way. :): Of the digital clocks, only the stove makes me go forward only.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't care. I don't think you care that I don't care. And I'm not sure I care about that either. And not that you should care, but I think I'll be accustomed to the time change soon. And then I will have forgotten (therefore not caring) about clock flipping until someone reminds me in this thread in the fall, that we're falling back to dark times. But you probably don't care.

Top Bottom